Would you consider these as HOF Trajectory #'s for an NFL RB (throughout his first 6 years)?

First 6 Years of RB Statistical Production:  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider these as HOF Trajectory RB #s throughout Mystery Mans First 6 Years?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/2022 at 10:00 AM

11 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Curtis Martin shouldn't be in the hall of fame.

Yes he should (and every knowledge Football fan knows it too). 

He had to face loaded 7-8 men in the box due to a noodle armed QB named Chad Pennington who had multiple surgeries to his throwing shoulder and had one of the weakest arm strengths of All-Time; and opposing Defenses didn't respect him because of it. So they fully loaded the box in order to defend CMart. 

All throughout #28's career opposing D's focused on him and game planned against him but yet still couldn't stop him. What Curtis Martin did was extremely impressive and his field vision was second to none.

His durability, toughness and physically was also beautiful to watch and only missed 4 games throughout his first 10 years of NFL action.

✓ He's 6th All-Time in rushing yards (for a reason) and was 4th All-Time at the time of retirement (only behind Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton and Barry Sanders).

And that's because he played for 11 years and recorded 10 (CONSECUTIVE) seasons of at least 1,094 rushing yards (1,094, 1,152, 1,160, 1,204, 1,287, 1,308, 1,464, 1,487, 1,513 and 1,697 rushing yards. 

Curtis Martin was so great that during his 10th year @ the age of 31 he become the oldest RB in historical history to lead the league in rushing with 1,697 Rushing Yards during his 10th year @ 31 years old (also put up 1,308 rushing yards during his 9th year).

And if not for his 11th year tragic injury (that he never returned from) he was going to pass Barry Sanders for 3rd All-Time (already had 735 rushing yards during his 11th season before his tragic career ending injury).

PS: These are only rushing yards I'm talking about dude. #28 was a true dual threat RB. 

#28 recorded 484 career Receptions and a career 3,329 Receiving Yards with an elite RB Catch Rate Percentage of 80.0% (79.9%).

Curtis my favorite Martin was such a dual threat that still to this day he's ranked 10th All-Time in All-Purpose Scrimmage Yards with 17,430 Offensive Yards.

(and only behind the likes of Larry Fitzgerald, Marcus Allen, Barry Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson, Marshall Faulk, Frank Gore (16 years), Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and G.O.A.T JERRY RICE).

He still ranks 23rd All-Time in Offensive TDs too (100). 

Anyone who doesn't consider Curtis my favorite Martin as HOF worthy has absolutely no 🏈 knowledge whatsoever (about the NFL's Running Back position).

Zeke is only 7,799 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage away from ranking top 10 (amongst all NFL RBs/WRs/TEs) All-Time in All-Purpose Offensive Yards from Scrimmage.. 

If he survives another 6 years (which I'm confident he will) he'll only need to average 1,299 Yards from Scrimmage per season.

(current average is @ 1,605 per season).

Even if you take his previous two year average of 1,303 yards per season this kid is going to shatter top 10 in (both) rushing yards and All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage because he's still got another 2-3 years left in the tank of at least 1,500-1,700 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage within him. 

He's also only 58 TDs away from Him Brown 10th All-Time for Offensive TDs Scored. 

And be just scored 12 TDs last year. So even if he only averages 9.6 TDs per season he's going to rank Top 10 All-Time in Offensive TDs too..

It took Adrian Peterson 15 years to rank top 10 in Offensive TDs (tied with Jim Brown) and you mean to tell me Ezekiel Elliott is only heading into year #7 and only 58 TDs away from top 10 TDs All-Time?

Some of you have no idea (whatsoever) on what type of elite start to this kids career that Ezekiel Elliott is truly on...

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

16 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Anyone who doesn't consider Curtis my favorite Martin as HOF worthy has absolutely no 🏈 knowledge whatsoever (about the NFL's Running Back position).

Or I’m just not a homer and can recognize that he belongs in the hall of very good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Or I’m just not a homer and can recognize that he belongs in the hall of very good.

Homer? 

✓ He's 6th All-Time in rushing yards (for a reason) and was 4th All-Time at the time of retirement (only behind Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton and Barry Sanders).

✓ He played for 11 years and recorded 10 (CONSECUTIVE) seasons of at least 1,094 rushing yards (1,094, 1,152, 1,160, 1,204, 1,287, 1,308, 1,464, 1,487, 1,513 and 1,697 rushing yards. 

✓ Curtis Martin was so great that during his 10th year @ the age of 31 he become the oldest RB in historical history to lead the league in rushing with 1,697 Rushing Yards during his 10th year @ 31 years old (also put up 1,308 rushing yards during his 9th year).

PS: These are only rushing yards I'm talking about dude. #28 was a true dual threat RB. 

✓ #28 recorded 484 career Receptions for a career 3,329 Receiving Yards with an elite RB Catch Rate Percentage of 80.0% (79.9%).

✓ Curtis my favorite Martin was such a dual threat that still to this day he's ranked 10th All-Time in All-Purpose Scrimmage Yards with 17,430 Offensive Yards (and only behind the likes of Larry Fitzgerald, Marcus Allen, Barry Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson, Marshall Faulk, Frank Gore (16 years), Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and G.O.A.T JERRY RICE).

✓ He still ranks 23rd All-Time in Offensive TDs (100 TDs). 

Curtis Martin only played less than 11 seasons dude.

(and still ranks 6th All-Time in Rushing Yards and 10th All-Time in All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage).

Be Great The Best GIF by SportsManias

I know.

I know.

You can't debate Curtis Martin. You don't know how (you only know how to drop "one line fillers" against him).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

he's not in a Hall of Fame Trajectory?

His rushing production is down 46% per a game since entering the league. He is on pace to be a 30 yards per a game rusher over the next 6 years. 

Thats because part of trajectory includes momentum. Zekes momentum is coming to a halt. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Zeke is only 7,799 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage away from ranking top 10 (amongst all NFL RBs/WRs/TEs) All-Time in All-Purpose Offensive Yards from Scrimmage.. 

If he survives another 6 years (which I'm confident he will) he'll only need to average 1,299 Yards from Scrimmage per season.

(current average is @ 1,605 per season).

Even if you take his previous two year average of 1,303 yards per season this kid is going to shatter top 10 in (both) rushing yards and All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage because he's still got another 2-3 years left in the tank of at least 1,500-1,700 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage within him. 

He's also only 58 TDs away from Him Brown 10th All-Time for Offensive TDs Scored. 

And be just scored 12 TDs last year. So even if he only averages 9.6 TDs per season he's going to rank Top 10 All-Time in Offensive TDs too..

It took Adrian Peterson 15 years to rank top 10 in Offensive TDs (tied with Jim Brown) and you mean to tell me Ezekiel Elliott is only heading into year #7 and only 58 TDs away from top 10 TDs All-Time?

Some of you have no idea (whatsoever) on what type of elite start to this kids career that Ezekiel Elliott is truly on...

Ill trade you Zeke, Amari and Schultz for a 2nd round pick. You guys can be the Cowboys of New York.

5 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

tell me just how "wrong I really am" and/or how he's not in a Hall of Fame Trajectory? 

Well maybe if you stopped ignoring me and read the very simple chart I posted one page back you'd see how his trajectory is spiraling downwards at a very fast rate. 

EDIT: I see my flaw now. Instead of calling it a "trend line", it should be named "Trajectory line" so that you can understand it easier. I also should've maybe put in some stats from a RB from the 1990's just to draw your attention more, too. That's my fault.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 3

It's picture time again, everyone! This time with colors! And more charts! And "TRAJECTORY LINES!"

vwUtoaB.png

Okay everyone, now let's play a game of "Who's career is on a Hall of Fame trajectory looking at these 4 charts?"

Is it:

1. Walter Payton (upwards trajectory)
  2. Emmitt Smith (upwards trajectory)
  3. Ezekiel Elliott (downwards trajectory)
  4. Barry Sanders (upwards trajectory)
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

All I know is that... 

Ezekiel Elliott is already ranked 58th All-Time in rushing yards and will be passing the likes of Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes and Herschel Walker (+ 16 other RBs) with another 1,000 yard season next year (which he's already done 4/6x with career lows of only 983 and 979) which means that he'll already rank top 42 All-Time in rushing yards (after 2022s season). 

How can you not consider this as HOF Trajectory despite only being 26 years old in comparison to Derrick Henry 28 years old (same draft class)?

The dude is about to run right past two HOF RBs in Terrell Davis/Herschel Walker next year for crying out loud.

And all I know is this...

If he can last another 6 years which I'm confident he will due to only a a career 8 games missed (and only 2 games missed throughout the previous 3 years) he'll only need to average 892.15 rushing yards per season throughout the following 6 seasons of NFL play in order to pass Herschel Walker for 10th All-Time. 

Dude.

Ezeiel Elliott is going to rush himself right into the NFL's top 10 most rushing yards of All-Time and right into Canton Ohio's Hall of Fame. 

Uhhh...I said he's probably on a Hall of Fame pace. I also said it's likely to fall off, and I'd bet you almost anything he doesn't end up top ten in rushing yards. He's not even on pace to do it. He's 18th in rushing over the first six years of a career and 16th in games played.

8 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’m not one to agree with DWC, but I’ll say that Curtis Martin is exactly where he needs to be - in Canton.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's 18th in rushing over the first six years of a career and 16th in games played.

And of the 17 ahead of him there are 16 who had more rushing attempts than him. 

Regardless, throughout his first 6 years; He's being mentioned alongside the likes of a whole bunch of Hall of Fame RBs. 

And of those 17 in front of him? Only 5 had a better average yards per carry than him...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-rushing-yards-in-first-6-seasons#:~:text=Eric Dickerson had the most,6 seasons%2C with 9%2C915 yards.

He's also ranked 12th in Yards From Scrimmage throughout his first 6 years...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-yards-from-scrimmage-in-first-6-seasons

(Just look @ all those HOF RBs ahead of him).

Zeke after 6 years = same amount of scrimmage TDs as Barry Sanders had and only two fewer than Walter Payton had.

I'm pretty much done with this Ezekiel Elliott talk. I know the truth. And I'll be sure to bump up this thread after he has another productive season next year.