Unpopular music opinions

Malfatron

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There is nothing redeeming about Luke Bryan music. 

Yeah, but that's true of most of the whole genre IMO.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

GZA is way up there for me too. I never got into DOOM.

DOOM rhymes whole lines together regularly, and packs a lot into each one.  I could see someone argue he's not THE best pure lyricist, but he's easily among the best.  Plus he had a super long and varied career, was also one of the better producers out there, and definitely sounded like no one else out there before him.  I really don't think anyone has the resume he does.

GZA is just like the dictionary definition of a lyrical MC turned up to 11.

I think we would both agree that Tupac and Biggie are both a little overrated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, but that's true of most of the whole genre IMO.

Modern Country, sure, but that's why I said "popular" since he's a "superstar" in the country industry. He's absolutely brutal and I wanna decapitate myself every time I hear his songs come on at the bar.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 11:49 AM, Daniel said:

DOOM rhymes whole lines together regularly, and packs a lot into each one.  I could see someone argue he's not THE best pure lyricist, but he's easily among the best.  Plus he had a super long and varied career, was also one of the better producers out there, and definitely sounded like no one else out there before him.  I really don't think anyone has the resume he does.

I think we would both agree that Tupac and Biggie are both a little overrated.

Doom is dope but he's not even in Biggie's stratosphere.  Doom just got more time to make music.

On 3/4/2022 at 2:51 PM, beekay414 said:

Modern Country, sure, but that's why I said "popular" since he's a "superstar" in the country industry. He's absolutely brutal and I wanna decapitate myself every time I hear his songs come on at the bar.

I think that’s true of 99.8% of popular country music of the past 20 years.

55 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

It's all from the 90s I know that much

Definitely the best era.  Ppl who don’t like rap whatsoever but maybe like Cypress Hill or Beastie Boys is an experience I’ve had so many times I couldn’t count.  i remember how big of a deal the Judgment Night soundtrack was.  So much has changed.  Mainstream rap these days tho is like Tetsuo at the end of Akira lol.

That being said there are some outstanding MCs out there holding it down these days. Not to mention dope MCs still around from the 90’s that are as good than ever.  Nas, Black Thought, Evidence are a few that are consistently making really good music.