Unpopular music opinions

Malfatron

49 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

This is true.

I turn on the radio now and while there are some decent songs...a lot of them just sound like the same exact song. Why I hate listening to the radio and automatically plug in my phone.

• Like 1

Van Halen was possibly the best rock band of all time. I don't get the disrespect they seem to often get stuck with.

Also.. if you dont love Bob Dylan, you haven't listened to enough Bob Dylan yet

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, D82 said:

I turn on the radio now and while there are some decent songs...a lot of them just sound like the same exact song. Why I hate listening to the radio and automatically plug in my phone.

I mean, with this logic, you come through the 70s thinking everything is disco and the 80s thinking everything is hair metal.

I'm a prog rock guy, but I don't know if I would agree with the blanket statement that 60s to 90s is inherently better than everything since.

But this is a thread for unpopular takes, so...

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, with this logic, you come through the 70s thinking everything is disco and the 80s thinking everything is hair metal.

I'm a prog rock guy, but I don't know if I would agree with the blanket statement that 60s to 90s is inherently better than everything since.

But this is a thread for unpopular takes, so...

It’s not?

9 hours ago, adamq said:

Van Halen was possibly the best rock band of all time. I don't get the disrespect they seem to often get stuck with.

Also.. if you dont love Bob Dylan, you haven't listened to enough Bob Dylan yet

Dylan is a great poet, but he is an absolutely horrible singer.

22 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

You didn't think realize disliking of the most popular and best selling artists of all time was unpopular? 

Okay...she has fans.   That doesnt mean she is universally liked.   Not even close.

8 hours ago, biggie. said:

Pet Sounds is better than anything the Beatles released.

Beat that.

I mean, Pet Sounds is usually considered a top 5 album of all time, so I don't know how far out there that is if The Beatles don't do it for you.  I'd say Revolver, Sgt Pepper, and Abbey Road are all better than Pet Sounds, while at the same time saying Pet Sounds is an amazing album.

• Like 1