Unpopular music opinions

Malfatron

I'm not talking Faith No More and Megadeth.  I like a lot of the various metals that aren't the super heavy crap.

I would say heavy metal, but then metalheads are gonna come in and say "no that's black metal or death metal or whatever."

The stuff where it's a dude growling and just really distorted guitars.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'm not talking Faith No More and Megadeth.  I like a lot of the various metals that aren't the super heavy crap.

I would say heavy metal, but then metalheads are gonna come in and say "no that's black metal or death metal or whatever."

Basically all the stuff @Apparition likes ;) 

On 3/22/2022 at 11:06 PM, Daniel said:

Metal all sounds the same.  How are there 30 subgenres off a dude growling and heavily distorted guitars?

Yeah it does to me also. A lot of it is some form of gibberish or annoying screeching. Ozzy doesn’t screech or growl at his listeners and doesn’t drown out the talent of the band’s other 3 members. That’s why I love Black Sabbath so much. How else does anyone explain OZZY’s solo career success, and Sabbath’s fall post Ozzy even with a solid singer such as Dio? The 70s and 80s moved towards hair metal, pop music, punk rock, synthesizers, and screeching or growling, or speed and lost the heavy, slow greatness of sabbath’s original talent, that has since not been duplicated imo. They were the alpha of hard rock imo. I can’t even listen to other popular heavy groups because Sabbath was…and remains… the best of all time imo. They started a sub genre, and at the same time kinda ruined it, lol. They don’t even play their songs on the radio except iron man paranoid or war pigs. I mean there’s some good or decent groups that have a few good songs, even an occasional great song, but nothing like what Sabbath did in their peak. And yep, that includes METALLICA. And Yep, LED ZEPPELIN too, although they’re closest. They all bow down to SABBATH’s peak. Their first four album contained about 33 looong songs. FX and Changes are the only F’s. About 5 more I don’t listen to because they’re light and slow, acoustic instrumentals or short. Only 2 of these 5 they mess up some of what they are usually great at or don’t do. Fairy wear boots Ozzy screams too much or preaches. Cornucopia they do something similar. And, their first album is confusing as hell, b cause it combines songs as singular track listings, probably because they didn’t think it would sell. No one knew how popular it would be also because of it’s dark content. Ffs it came out two years before the EXORCIST, lol.  It nevertheless demonstrates their quality individually and as a whole containing an A+ entry of NIB and an another A quality track in Black Sabbath. After all, they released their PARANOID album 6 months later, which has 6 A level songs on it out of 8 songs! It’s like a greatest hits album for any other band, only it’s Sabbath’s 2nd album!

Ozzy can’t even talk so that one knows wtf he’s saying. Yet his singing is clear as day. How is that even possible? 

When they do kinda sing a love song, they are just kinda messin around but still jam out. just listen to this short song, ST Vitus’ Dance. Compare that to “she loves you yeah, yeah yeah!” It renders the Beatles a bit ridiculous, even the entire pre 1967 rock. The Beatles were very good to great in their day. They were the bees knees when I was in the 5th grade lol. Black Sabbath makes them look like a modern boy band…The Beach Boys? Are u flipping kidding me?

Edited by SMashMouthMike
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel said:

Sounds like a you problem

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 10:38 PM, opeth0500 said:

The Red Hot Chili Peppers suck a fat one. I can’t stand their singer. At Woodstock 99 there were people in the crowd lighting themselves on fire so they didn’t have to listen to that crap. 

I also hate the Chili Peppers. I think they're awful.

• Like 1