Unpopular music opinions

Malfatron

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

I feel the same way here

I don’t care if I never hear Enter Sandman again. I will, but it’s not even one of the best on that album, and god is it just everywhere all the time.

Ditto for Nothing Else Matters.

To me, Megadeth has a higher ceiling and lower floor than metallica. Their mainstream stuff is better too imo.

I loved megadeths 9 year run from like 1985-1994, but after 1996, they werent very good

My favorite megadeth albums

Rust in Peace

Youthanasia

Countdown to Extinction

Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!

Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?

So Far, So Good... So What!

Tie for last: everything after 1997

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don’t care if I never hear Enter Sandman again. I will, but it’s not even one of the best on that album, and god is it just everywhere all the time.

Only if this guy comes back

A2PC.gif

My favorite on the Black Album is Through the Never

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:
15 hours ago, Daniel said:

Black Album (not trying to make a hot take, just so much overplay it's hard to ever want to come back to it, even though there are a lot of great songs)

I feel the same way here

Totally agree. It was the first Metallica album I bought, and while there are some good songs on it, the overplay is impossible to overcome. The raw-ness of those earlier albums is outstanding.

@Daniel I also love the S&M album, but it doesn't stack up to Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets IMO. I also love And Justice for All, albeit not as much as the others. 

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

Both of these are outstanding takes. I loathe Nothing Else Matters. Just purely awful, as is Sad but True.

Here are the top songs on that album:

*The Unforgiven

*Of Wolf and Man

*My Friend of Misery

I never got tired of the hits on the black album.  I was never one glued to radio, was much more inclined to burn my own CD's, so I typically avoided burnout of pretty much any song from any artist.  Outside of the singles, I really enjoy Don't Tread on Me, Through the Never, and Of Wolf and Man.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 9:47 AM, MWil23 said:

I also hate the Chili Peppers. I think they're awful.

Well then I don't like you.

To be fair, for the most part they do suck without John Frusciante.. to me he is the best guitarist alive. Californication, By the Way and Stadium Arcadium are all fantastic albums.. One Hot Minute is trash, BSSM and Mothers Milk have lots of hits and misses.. Their 80s stuff when Slovak was alive is a completely different band imo. 

On 4/6/2022 at 9:46 AM, MWil23 said:

I love them, but Metallica is the Nickelback of Metal Music. Mainstream, clean sound, and have subtly deviated from their thrash days. 

Nirvana is the nickleback of grunge. Cobain was born to be a lead man but his lyrics and guitar was pretty embarrassing. (Compared to their counterparts at the time) Would have liked to see what they could have been with Grohl in charge but Kurt still singing

Edited by adamq

16 minutes ago, adamq said:

Well then I don't like you.

To be fair, for the most part they do suck without John Frusciante.. to me he is the best guitarist alive. Californication, By the Way and Stadium Arcadium are all fantastic albums.. One Hot Minute is trash, BSSM and Mothers Milk have lots of hits and misses.. Their 80s stuff when Slovak was alive is a completely different band imo.

IMO Slash is infinitely better, as is Synyster Gates, but that's just my opinion.

16 minutes ago, adamq said:

Nirvana is the nickleback of grunge. Cobain was born to be a lead man but his lyrics and guitar was pretty embarrassing. (Compared to their counterparts at the time) Would have liked to see what they could have been with Grohl in charge but Kurt still singing

No question. I used to love Nirvana but then I kind of went through the wormhole, and don't get me wrong, they were "groundbreaking" in a lot of ways, but in hindsight I think his death and the subsequent everything else was one of those "made them better than they'd have been in history" things.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No question. I used to love Nirvana but then I kind of went through the wormhole, and don't get me wrong, they were "groundbreaking" in a lot of ways, but in hindsight I think his death and the subsequent everything else was one of those "made them better than they'd have been in history" things.

One of my opinions as well. They were good, with a lot of good songs. Nothing GOAT status. 

• Like 1