Unpopular music opinions

Malfatron

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Bee Gees wipe the floor with The Eagles

Bee Gees are so underappreciated.  Highly recommend their  HBO documentary How Can You Mend A Broken Heart to any fans of music documentaries.  “Nights on Broadway” has one of the illest breakdowns of all time and all before bringing it home. These guys were absolute closers. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 12:28 AM, biggie. said:

My Chemical Romance didn't/doesn't deserve the hate they got/get. Some of their fans are cringey as hell, but they had a unique sound that mixed punk, metal, Goth, alternative and 70's glam rock.

It's one of my wife's favorite bands.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:13 AM, JohnChimpo said:

This is true.

Ill have certain people tell me "Youre just getting old and dont like newer music", but I can find a decent bit of music well before my time and through about the mid to late 2000s that are great, but after that, there is a significant drop off.   

Is it me or is it the quality of music?

The same can be said about comedy too....but thats suffered a much steeper decline IMO.

On 3/13/2022 at 9:28 PM, biggie. said:

My Chemical Romance didn't/doesn't deserve the hate they got/get. Some of their fans are cringey as hell, but they had a unique sound that mixed punk, metal, Goth, alternative and 70's glam rock.

MCR is seriously one of my favorite bands. Just tremendous talents. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

MCR is seriously one of my favorite bands. Just tremendous talents. 

They were absolutely reviled back in the early 2000's. This was back when emo was highly frowned upon even though MCR was more influenced by Queen and Misfits.

Edited by biggie.

List of bands/artists that i cannot stand to listen to (no order, just the order that i thought of them in)

Theres probably others that i dont like that i just dont hear around/or are familiar with

I dont really know much of country music or rap outside of select pieces that i enjoy. I dont know much about current pop too, so like ed sheeren wouldnt make the list becase i havent heard or dont know any of his songs

For instance, i enjoy these even though country and rap arent my favorite genres

Country: ween, kris kristopherson, garthbrooks, the "18 wheeler" type songs. I like these. Probably many i dont like but i am unaware. For instance, i probably dont like toby keith or keith urban but i dont know any of their songs just of them through osmosis.

Rap: mostly 90s era and enimen. JayZ is pretty cool. I heard 99 problems for the first time a couple days ago and liked it. These i like, probably a lot i dont like but am unaware of various names.

anyway, the list of artists that i cant stand to hear off the top of my head, no matter which song

1. Michael Jackson (irritating and a yucky person)

2. Bloodhound Gang (irritating and too edgelord stupidness)

3. U2 (boring)

4. The Police/Sting (boring and irritating)

5. Nazereth (repetitive)

6. Mariah carey (boring)

7. Celine dion (boring)

8. Zz top (boring and insipid)

9. AC/DC (irritating)

10. Adam levine (i think i got the name right). Maroon 5 i believe (irritating voice)

11. Van morrison (boring and stupid lyrics)

Trying to think of a hair band that i cant stand but cannot. Nazereth is closest i suppose. Also cannot think of a metal band i cant stand but cannot. ACDC is the closest i suppose. A lot of boring or irritating classic rock here. Some annoying pop. And some boring singers.

Classic rock music radio stations is often worse than pop because so many songs are recycled.

I wish they would play deeper cuts at times. 

My list of musicians who are underappreciated in my eyes( no order off the top of my head)

1. Ween (can do any genres)

2. Crash Test Dummies (dismissed as a onehit wonder, but many magical songs) 

3. Regina Spektor (cool as hell, especially the deep cuts)

4. Jewel (great storytelling)

5. House of Freaks (lesser known, but 

6. Gordon Lightfoot (so many classic songs, but hes not considered elite)

7. Butthole Surfers (this is what later stage Nirvana wanted to be)

8. Irritating Rainbows (think They Might Be Giants but better vocals and more clever)

9. Miley Cyrus (>Taylor)

10. REO Speedwagon (the best of those types of groups)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

List of bands/artists that i cannot stand to listen to 

I agree with all of those, especially U2. RUSH deserves a top 3 spot on the list as well.

Except ACDC, I love them. Even the overplayed radio crap, gimme all of it 🤣. Great band to throw a vinyl on as background music for an hour 

• Like 1