Should/could Evan Neal go first overall?

biggie.

Right now Kayvon Thibodeaux and Aidan Hutchinson are the favorites to go first overall, but what about Neal? Offensive line is also a big weakness for Jacksonville and protecting Trevor Lawrence has to be one of their biggest priorities.

I love Evan Neal because he physically dominated 3 different positions of LG/RT/LT throughout his 3 years (within an elite SEC).

But my question is this. 

If he wasn't coming out of a legendary and historic Alabama; would he be considered #1 overall worthy? 

As a Jets fan I hope he goes #1 overall.

Because Ikem Ekwonu out of N.C. State is the beast I really want.

• Like 1

I don’t honestly think he should go #1 overall.

But clearly could.

I’m not saying he’s not a good player. But I honestly don’t think he’s even a top 3 player in this class, much less worth 1 overall. Watch the Auburn game. They got after him a bit.

I would take Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, or your #1 rated WR or CB over him. 

15 hours ago, biggie. said:

Right now Kayvon Thibodeaux and Aidan Hutchinson are the favorites to go first overall, but what about Neal? Offensive line is also a big weakness for Jacksonville and protecting Trevor Lawrence has to be one of their biggest priorities.

I feel like everywhere I've listened to has the offensive linemen the projected #1

Ikem Ekwonu made a pretty good case to be the tackle selected first if one is.

I'm of the opinion that Hutchinson is far from the most talented player in the draft.  Maybe he'll blow up the measurables and change my mind, but I just watched a bunch of Michigan games to look at both him and Ojabo, and I just don't see a top end pass rush prospect.  There are blue chip looking tackles, and not much else in the class at high value positions to make sense.

Neal or Ekwonu look like they might be the two most talented players of the bunch as it is right now, so might as well take one of them with the first.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Could?  Yes.

Should?  No.  I honestly don't think there's a #1 overall worthy prospect in this class.

Uhhhh but you gotta draft somebody. We’re not gonna just skip the number 1 pick. 

so you think teams should just forfeit their picks until a player matches up to the value huh 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Uhhhh but you gotta draft somebody. We’re not gonna just skip the number 1 pick. 

so you think teams should just forfeit their picks until a player matches up to the value huh 

Thats nothing close to what I said.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

As far as if we go OT, I definitely feel like things seem to be leaning Ickey. Much better fit in the scheme Rauscher is going to run. 

And more upside honestly.

If Neal hits his ceiling imo he’ll be between the 5th-10th best LT in the league. If Ekwonu hits his ceiling he could be a Hall-of-Famer

11 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

And more upside honestly.

If Neal hits his ceiling imo he’ll be between the 5th-10th best LT in the league. If Ekwonu hits his ceiling he could be a Hall-of-Famer

Tend to agree, I think Ekwonu definitely has a higher ceiling. Only issue is with Walker Little in the fold who appears to be a prototypical LT it may cause issues, but I love the idea of a guy with his nastiness/in your face attitude on the OL protecting Trevor.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Tend to agree, I think Ekwonu definitely has a higher ceiling. Only issue is with Walker Little in the fold who appears to be a prototypical LT it may cause issues, but I love the idea of a guy with his nastiness/in your face attitude on the OL protecting Trevor.

Ekwonu can start on the right, of course. With all these teams needing LTs, you could potentially trade him after the draft.