Last call! Is he coming or going?

Leader

7 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

When we tag Adams tomorrow do you guys think we get another cryptic gratitude laden interview with Mcafee, but still no answer?

Oh no, when we tag Adams, which Aaron has already forbidden, he's going to go off on Packer management for their treatment of Adams and want to be traded. Part of the trade will require us to release Adams from the franchise tag and turn down the comp pick.

He has spoken and so shall Gute obey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I very much dislike how much I like seeing Rodgers under center, owning the Bears and owning the decision.

I very much dislike how much I would like to see him leave so we can start over and build to something with younger, hungrier players.

Basically, I hate that Rodgers has made me not as much of a fan of the Packers as I am right now.

I hate that my fandom would probably return, in a greater volume, if he is gone.

It's an odd time to try to be a Packer fan, or a Rodgers fan.  And almost impossible to be both.

Why? You'd think people would have learned from a decade ago. 

If he takes less money, run it back.

If he doesn't, move on and wish him the best of luck.

It's not difficult at all.

5 hours ago, Toddfather said:

He's coming back. He's waiting to get his boy paid, plus he loves being the center of attention.

All these replies and only one hit it on the head. And by on the head I mean not just that he's coming back but that part of the process includes securing the rest of the roster, especially Adams. You can add in the discussions with management and his agent about Love's fate as well. Rodgers isn't committing until he's knows he's getting everything he wants. And he will get everything he wants so he will be coming back.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

All these replies and only one hit it on the head. And by on the head I mean not just that he's coming back but that part of the process includes securing the rest of the roster, especially Adams. You can add in the discussions with management and his agent about Love's fate as well. Rodgers isn't committing until he's knows he's getting everything he wants. And he will get everything he wants so he will be coming back.

And the Packers will screw themselves for years to come.  It would be an enormous error to sign Adams to a massive contract.  Sure he wants Cobb and Crosby back too.  Oh and yah Rodgers also gets a monster deal.  Oh OK why we are add it we'll ship Love off for peanuts.  Sell out again for perhaps one more shot at a Superbowl?  Sorry man I'm a Packer fan first and foremost.  If it goes down this way we'll guarantee our irrelevance for years to come.  

If Adams want to play on the tag ok.  Otherwise we need to trade him and let some other team have the privilege of making him the highest paid WR in the league.  Love the guy but at 29 it's not a smart investment.  Especially with all the other guys we need to bring back.  Nah tag and trade is the smart thing to do.  Better for him and better for us.  Use the pick we get and draft his replacement. Bring in a vet as well. Too much risk with this signing.  When guys approach 30 they are much more injury prone.  Nope would be a bad move. 

From what I am reading the Packers sure do seem desperate.  Rodgers may come back but he won't be able to get everything he wants.  That's just not realistic.  Packers don't have the cash.  You've been on this insistence that we are going to trade Love.  It won't be at Rodgers request.  Seriously doubt he in any way feels threatened by Love.  If Love is traded it's because the Packers feel he doesn't have it.  Other reason would be they got a decent trade offer along with a multi year commitment from Rodgers.  Otherwise he staying and Clements can coach him up. 

I don't know which way this is going to go.  Gun to my head he's coming back but he won't get everything he wants.  He's not the GM he's the QB there are limits. 

2 minutes ago, jleisher said:

My $ is on him staying, and then getting back together with Danica Patrick by the spring.

Nah he's in love with Woodley.  He's trying to get back with her.  Another complicating factor in this whole equation.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers-shailene-woodley-spark-195157552.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

As the world turns...