2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

23 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

pass blocking? Run blocking? Yes? 3 mm for that? Cool.

Unfortunately both, pass blocking was by far his worst skill set last season.

Maybe some silver lining, the O line coaching was terrible as well and partly to blame. So perhaps he is salvageable or serviceable. I am not optimistic, but I hope he is able to redeem himself and prove himself a valuable addition. Best of luck. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Unfortunately both, pass blocking was by far his worst skill set last season.

Maybe some silver lining, the O line coaching was terrible as well and partly to blame. So perhaps he is salvageable or serviceable. I am not optimistic, but I hope he is able to redeem himself and prove himself a valuable addition. Best of luck. 

He's not gong to be tasked to play tackle though. Wasn't he a serviceable guard for you guys in 2019 and 2020?

Some folks complained about every move Spielman made. Now they’re complaining about every move Kwesi makes. Can’t win. 

Davis is being brought in for competition. He isn’t costing much. Kwesi comes from an analytics background. I’m not sure why everyone expected him to come in making high priced free agent acquisitions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

He seems fine at RG

FO93KreVEAQME_z?format=jpg&name=4096x409

He was definitely better in 19 and 20  but it was hard to be worse than 21. I do put a lot of blame on the coaching staff as well. 

To many fans and beat writers dismay he was not cut immediately at the end of the season. On the plus side, I believe he was well thought of in the locker room. 

What I saw last season was awful and I may be unable to look at him objectively. I hope you guys can coach him up and he flourishes under your scheme. His abysmal season may motivate him as well. 

At the end of the day he isn't much against the cap in the grand scheme of things. I definitely wouldn't let it dampen your outlook on the off season or front office even. 

18 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

He was definitely better in 19 and 20  but it was hard to be worse than 21. I do put a lot of blame on the coaching staff as well. 

To many fans and beat writers dismay he was not cut immediately at the end of the season. On the plus side, I believe he was well thought of in the locker room. 

What I saw last season was awful and I may be unable to look at him objectively. I hope you guys can coach him up and he flourishes under your scheme. His abysmal season may motivate him as well. 

I mean, shouldn't you acknowledge playing tackle and playing guard are two different positions and require two different skillsets for a lineman? He sucked at tackle, I think we can all agree on that. But he was decent at Guard. Vikings did not sign him to occupy a tackle spot but to compete for the starting RG position. 

I can understand last season was awful, and I can understand the coaches weren't very good. But you saw him in 2019 and 2020 and he seemed to play decent as a guard. I think the abysmal play can be more chalked up to playing out of position as opposed to really anything else.

• Like 1