Browns Franchise Tag TE David Njoku

sdrawkcab321

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The tag for tightends isnt too expensive, 10 million per year, I imagine they would prioritize Clowney over Njoku but the tag for ends is way higher. 

Smart move by Berry, Hooper is gone.

Hooper is the jaggiest of all the jags. Njoku at least still has upside. It also takes TEs much longer to round into form than other positions so I have hope.

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I also think this all but guarantees Hooper is gone. 

I cannot see the analytics nerds keeping 2 TE and paying them elite contract money. That's asinine. Good riddance Hooper June 2nd I'd assume.

I'm not sure its "elite Contract" money....as the top paid TE's are making 14.x-15M dollars a year...so he's still 50% cheaper than then (if the tag number is 10.2M which is what I saw)

I could see Hooper Restructuring.......or he gets cut. Njoku is the 1, I've been dying to see more of the kid we drafted in Round 4 the Mackey...Award Winner (1rst from non-power 5 conf)....and we still have Steven Carlson a good little TE in his own right....who was starting to develop before he got injured last year....develop into a solid NFL TE, not like he was about to turn into George Kittle....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I'm not sure its "elite Contract" money....as the top paid TE's are making 14.x-15M dollars a year...so he's still 50% cheaper than then (if the tag number is 10.2M which is what I saw)

I could see Hooper Restructuring.......or he gets cut. Njoku is the 1, I've been dying to see more of the kid we drafted in Round 4 the Mackey...Award Winner (1rst from non-power 5 conf)....and we still have Steven Carlson a good little TE in his own right....who was starting to develop before he got injured last year....develop into a solid NFL TE, not like he was about to turn into George Kittle....

I’d be pretty surprised if we don’t draft a TE tbh.

Njoku as a starter is cool, I’ve been wanting him to see hooper’s snaps for a while, but they need more than just Carlson and Bryant if we’re gonna run a lot of 3 TE sets.  My guy Jelani Woods may have put himself out of day 3 reach with his combine, but someone R4-5 to start developing is a must imo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean when he actually gets consistent targets, he has done pretty well. Plus, he is a great option to have in the RZ.

He’s got some questionable hands, but he at least makes plays from time to time.  He and DPJ are the only receivers you can say that about.

• Like 1

Good.

This means Hooper is gone and we get another year to see if Njoku can really break out before giving him a big time contract. Let him be THE guy at TE this season, and see if he's deserving of a new deal or if we need to look for a new TE in 2023.

• Like 1