2022 Offseason Discussion

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

After discussing the Taven Bryan signing with a noted jags expert, I’m now 100% convinced we’ve got an absolute specimen of a man with god tier physical genetics as our 3T.

He also happens to have pudding for a brain.

Should be exciting either way.

Browns reddit had some stats that had him as a bad run stopper and a decent pass rusher

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a monster physically 

but apparently lacks anything that resembles understanding of the game or awareness. 

Hopefully it is a coaching issue, or an issue coaching can help. 

They havent got a lot out of Josh Allen who is a physical beast too.

• Like 1

With the Jaguars declining his fifth year contract and him hitting the market, they probably had a pretty good idea of what he was. He is a body to compete for the rotation. I’m not upset by the signing but I don’t really have expectations either.

Tldr former 1st round guy signs with Browns he’s a steal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

With the Jaguars declining his fifth year contract and him hitting the market, they probably had a pretty good idea of what he was. He is a body to compete for the rotation. I’m not upset by the signing but I don’t really have expectations either.

Tldr former 1st round guy signs with Browns he’s a steal.

Sounds like an athletic guy but not a football player.

As far as everything else going on...

I don't like losing Landry. He isn't a great athlete but is a great football player. Certainly not worth his contract and we obviously couldn't find a midpoint both sides were happy with.

As far as the fella comparing Mayfield and Watson for their alleged misdeeds involving women, just stop. If true we wouldn't want our sisters or daughters ending up with either of them but the difference is one of them doesn't ask for permission and just sexually assaults.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Sounds like an athletic guy but not a football player.

As far as everything else going on...

I don't like losing Landry. He isn't a great athlete but is a great football player. Certainly not worth his contract and we obviously couldn't find a midpoint both sides were happy with.

As far as the fella comparing Mayfield and Watson for their alleged misdeeds involving women, just stop. If true we wouldn't want our sisters or daughters ending up with either of them but the difference is one of them doesn't ask for permission and just sexually assaults.

The thing I worry about Jarvis is that he has a great connection with Baker--and right now Baker can use all of the security blankets and guys he likes targeting he can get. 

Given what WRs got paid today, I find it hard to believe we couldnt pay Jarvis 8-10M a year for 3 years just to be the possession/slot WR3.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Jimmy's plane is flying from Cleveland to houston tomorrow.

**** is about to get real. 

We are actually going to need our mods @FGK @NudeTayne wake up yo

Hell probably our old ones too

"I summon you to fulfill your oath"

@pastordog @dabrowns41 @ditchdigger

And even our fake ones

@zelbell

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 6

I really hope this doesn’t happen.

If they start making aggressive moves to get him though, if they don’t land him, they are really going to sour things with Mayfield possibly to the point they’ll need to find another option at QB. 

Imo they need to stay out of this toxic bidding war and kiss and make up for year 5, hoping for the best there. If it doesn’t work out well for Baker next year, you move on and have some other non-predatory options next off-season. 

At this point I am hoping these are just bad sources.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I really hope this doesn’t happen.

If they start making aggressive moves to get him though, if they don’t land him, they are really going to sour things with Mayfield possibly to the point they’ll need to find another option at QB. 

Imo they need to stay out of this toxic bidding war and kiss and make up for year 5, hoping for the best there. If it doesn’t work out well for Baker next year, you move on and have some other non-predatory options next off-season. 

At this point I am hoping these are just bad sources.

This is interesting......it's being widely reported now the Browns are meeting in HOU tomorrow.

From a football standpoint I would trade 4 first rounders for him. From a moral standpoint I find it hard.

I really don't think they would risk rocking the boat with Baker in a critical year if they didn't plan on going 'all in' to get Watson. On the other hand, what the heck do the Browns owe him.

Edited by AkronsWitness