Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

nott saying they will or not saying they won’t mess this up, but you can make things happen with that type of ammo. It’s up to the FO to use it correctly

The FO has demonstrated they don’t use it correctly - why would anyone assume they’ll flip that trait now that they have extra picks?

Seattle succeeded because Wilson made mountains out of his situation. You don’t win on the backs of guys like Rashaad Penny or ill trades for guys like Jimmy Graham or Jamal Adams. The FO has been presented with opportunities to build a competitive team a round Wilson, but the truth is they’ve been living off the reputation of finding guys like Wilson, Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor outside of the first - you’ll occasionally find a guy like DK Metcalf, but the results of this FO has been less than stellar when looked at over several years. 

Seattle hasn’t drafted consistently well in a while, why would they suddenly start now?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Trade up to 3 for Kyle Hamilton. Texans want EVERYTHING.

If any FO is going to get fleeced by the team that traded everything for Laremy Tunsil… it’s the team that traded everything for Jamal Adams.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

I mean, Jarran Reed and Duane Brown are three of those 5 years worth of 2nd round picks. 

I forgot about Reed...he was solid for a second round pick. 

If you want to trade those second round picks for vets, I'm sure people would have a different perspective. But using one on Brown doesn't really alleviate concerns that people would have about their actual drafting acumen at the current point in time. 

I get why people are worried about it. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I forgot about Reed...he was solid for a second round pick. 

If you want to trade those second round picks for vets, I'm sure people would have a different perspective. But using one on Brown doesn't really alleviate concerns that people would have about their actual drafting acumen at the current point in time. 

I get why people are worried about it. 

And I am worried. For every DK, Reed, Frank Clark, Britt (All 2nd Round picks) You got Pocic, McDowell, & Blair. 

Mixed bag overall; but better off (track record wise) than alot of franchises. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Eh; Okung-Thomas were awesome picks (First of the regime)

Carpenter was a slight reach, but outplayed other OL's drafted around that spot (Carmi, Sherrod). Key cog in Seattle offense in 2012-2014.

Bruce Irvin a decent pick at 15 (although over Ingram and Chandler is ..tough).

Collier is the only Bust. Penny was a reach, Brooks was an ok pick at 27. He's been just as good as the other 1st round LB's (Simmons, Murray Queen).

Overall.... ehhhhh

That being said, I dont have a ton of confidence they dont mess this up. 

Drafting involves a great deal of randomness (especially in the later rounds) . Under the start of this regime, they crushed far more middle to late round picks than they ever should have been able to. They were a drafting juggernaut. The last few years they have regressed to the mean. 

The concern would be if they haven't adjusted to the times. I don't watch enough of them to say that for sure, but you can't be thinking you're just going to stick cover 3, big zone corners out there and run that single high any more (as an example). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

It really took one not-all-that-much-down year for people for forget about Chris Jones?  Dude's only Top 5 in QB pressures of the past 5 seasons.  Frank Clark didn't look last season like Seattle Frank Clark but there's as much evidence to show that the downturn of last season was as much to do with battling injury as any.  Ngakoue is still the guy lining up opposite Crosby - and posted 10 sacks.

And do you feel Chris Jones, Yannick, and…the husk of Frank Clark, tips the scales in the AFCW’s favor?

Also, why bring up out-of-division schedule and slate of pass-rushers-faced for one team if you're not willing to show it for the other side as well?  Seems a bit disingenuous.

Didn’t do it = / = not willing. I checked Seattle’s schedule and saw they looked at a murderer’s row this past season and, off handed, did not foresee Denver having that type of gauntlet next year. 

No grand point other than highlighting that Seattle got absolutely blasted with pass rushers last year, and asked if that could be a factor in Wilson’s play that he may not have to deal with next year. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Drafting involves a great deal of randomness (especially in the later rounds) . Under the start of this regime, they crushed far more middle to late round picks than they ever should have been able to. They were a drafting juggernaut. The last few years they have regressed to the mean. 

The concern would be if they haven't adjusted to the times. I don't watch enough of them to say that for sure, but you can't be thinking you're just going to stick cover 3, big zone corners out there and run that single high any more (as an example). 

Eh.. they dropped their big corner coveting a while ago. Shaq Griffin, DJ Reed, Tre Brown have been their focus at the CB position (although Tre Flowers and Spoon in there too); they seem to be shifting to focus more on speed. 

I think most people are hoping Hurtt + Desai + Scott (all Fangio dudes) are shifting things towards a more balanced look on the back end. 

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Russell Wilson seems overrated in this thread. I don't get the outrage of the compensation.

2x FRP

2x SRP

2x NFL caliber players

for a guy whose passer rating has declined every year the last 3 years and is a weirdo?

I don't see an issue here

No matter how you spin it, Russ is probably a HOF QB and one of the most consistently great QB's of the last decade while playing behind some of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen.

Their offensive system the last few years has been a disaster and they haven't been able to run the ball at all.