Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is what happens when the past Two SB were won by bringing in a QB via FA or Trade.

As absurd as that hual is (Rediculous mind you) , if Denver somehow wins a SB in the next 2 years, No one will care. Least of all Bronco fans!

Now the question is ,call me crazy. Does Seattle make a package play for a Younger Deshaun Watson? Yes despite his legal issues!

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

And do you feel Chris Jones, Yannick, and…the husk of Frank Clark, tips the scales in the AFCW’s favor?

Didn’t do it = / = not willing. I checked Seattle’s schedule and saw they looked at a murderer’s row this past season and, off handed, did not foresee Denver having that type of gauntlet next year. 

No grand point other than highlighting that Seattle got absolutely blasted with pass rushers last year, and asked if that could be a factor in Wilson’s play that he may not have to deal with next year. 

No, but I wasn't the one making the assertion of one being horrifically worse than the other because I don't deal in hyperbole (e.g. calling someone a "husk" of themselves when it's pointed out they're a couple of lesser-than-elite and 1 middling year wherein he battled injuries removed from being elite). 

My honest opinion, I think the lines are about even in terms of overall quality - and the scales in terms of which I'd expect to perform better with Russ under center being the only common thread would be dependent on a number of outlying factors.  If you read my recent comments in the thread, I don't believe that Russ going from Seattle to Denver necessarily gives him much of an upgrade in the OL department, maybe a variance of 1-2 spots in terms of expected performance relative to the offensive scheme implemented and the particular tendencies of Wilson as a QB (i.e. willingness/tendency to shift from the pocket, bootleg, bail, etc.).

This is great news. Wilson gets off a declining team that will be changing head coaches soon (and probably should have already), Denver gets a HOF QB to keep them afloat in one of the league's most competitive divisions, and Seattle gets a ton of capital to put toward their rebuild.

8 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

No, but I wasn't the one making the assertion of one being horrifically worse than the other because I don't deal in hyperbole (e.g. calling someone a "husk" of themselves when it's pointed out they're a couple of lesser-than-elite and 1 middling year wherein he battled injuries removed from being elite). 

“One being horrifically worse”

”I don’t deal in hyperbole”

…right…

My honest opinion, I think the lines are about even in terms of overall quality - and the scales in terms of which I'd expect to perform better with Russ under center being the only common thread would be dependent on a number of outlying factors.  If you read my recent comments in the thread, I don't believe that Russ going from Seattle to Denver necessarily gives him much of an upgrade in the OL department, maybe a variance of 1-2 spots in terms of expected performance relative to the offensive scheme implemented and the particular tendencies of Wilson as a QB (i.e. willingness/tendency to shift from the pocket, bootleg, bail, etc.).

Upgrade, if any, is one thing. Wasn’t really commenting on that. My initial comment was asking whether or not Wilson’s “flighty” behavior or the lines routine image of being trash (which it was, for a few years) had anything to do with the players that they regularly go up against. Prime Donald on his own is enough, I don’t need to look up his numbers vs Seattle. 

The line quality may be the same but I don’t foresee the competition in the pass rush department being quite the same (at this time, pre-FA), at least from what I can see.

Edited by Yin-Yang

I dont get the rage. Thats a solid haul for Wilson. Its not really lopsided either way and the player himself gets a W. 

Obviously SEA has to land the picks themselves, but its not like they got taken to the cleaners. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Now the question is ,call me crazy. Does Seattle make a package play for a Younger Deshaun Watson? Yes despite his legal issues!

I can't see them not at least asking. 

33 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I checked Seattle’s schedule and saw they looked at a murderer’s row this past season and, off handed, did not foresee Denver having that type of gauntlet next year. 

No grand point other than highlighting that Seattle got absolutely blasted with pass rushers last year, and asked if that could be a factor in Wilson’s play that he may not have to deal with next year.

But, again, Seattle was top 10 in pass rush win rate and Denver was bottom 10. That stat isn't weighted by the quality of players they played against. 

If anything, you're only proving that Seattle's OL is that much better because they showed up against better competition. 

Separate point: I can see Russell seriously struggling with Courtland Sutton and Tim Patrick as well. Two big-bodied 50/50 catch point guys. Russell hates that (or at least he did under Pete). We couldn't even get him to throw up 50/50 balls to DK last year. 

People might think Jeudy is a good fit (maybe he will be, it will depend a lot on his scramble drill ability), but I think the biggest boon here is for KJ Hamler. Russell has a history of finding small-bodied speed threats deep. 

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I don't think it is that bad of a haul, but ultimately time will tell.

Wilson is 33 years old after all.  Yeah we've seen guys like Rodgers and Brady continue to ball out as they get older, but Wilson isn't Rodgers or Brady.  I don't think it is that inconceivable that long-term, the Seahawks were better off taking this deal than trying to build around a QB who probably didn't want to be there and who might only have 2-3 more high-end/elite-level years left.

True, as elated as I am to finally see the 49ers stop getting dunked on by the Ewok twice per year, deep down I think this was a potentially a good move. The thinking anyway. Maybe Russell didn't want to be there anymore. Maybe he'll start to breakdown. At the same time though if Seattle is going into a rebuilding mode, I don't know if 70 year old Pete Carroll is the one you want spearheading that operation. 

Including years before 2010 in a chart is weird.

Russel Okung(6) was an A-/B+ OL who helped them win a SB and almost another as their starting LT.

Earl Thomas(14) was a generation talent at safety who was an A++. (3x 1st team and 2x 2nd team all-pro)

James Carpenter (25) was a B-/C+ guard who has started 127 NFL games including 5 of the 6 on their SB runs.

Bruce Irvin(15) was B or B+ as a LB/Edge who had 52 sacks in 8 seasons and was a key B-level part of the LoB.

German Ifedi (31) was a B/B- OL in Seattle for 4 years and has been about the same in Chicago. (worse teammates)

Rashaad Penny (27) INCOMPLETE has had a weird career with injuries and depth chart burial. He got his shot last year and played really well. He's a career 5.6 ypc back (5.2 in years 1-2 combined and 6.3 last year). Not exactly a bust at 27.

Are we saying LJ Collier(29) D+/D makes him a bad GM in round 1 or are you all saying you have no idea how the NFL draft works and what realistic success rates are? 

If we compare him to the 1969-1978 Steelers or the 2003-2012 Steelers then he's a bum. (like everyone else)

If we are comparing him to the guy who used the 2016 and 2017 1st round picks +++ to get and the 2023 1st round pick to get rid of Jared Goff then I think Schneider is fine.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is what happens when the past Two SB were won by bringing in a QB via FA or Trade.

As absurd as that hual is (Rediculous mind you) , if Denver somehow wins a SB in the next 2 years, No one will care. Least of all Bronco fans!

Word is Watson's case is about to be brought in front of a grand jury which is not a good sign, don't think anyone will be trading for him anytime soon.