Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

20 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

If the Broncos offered their three WRs for Lockett and Metcalf I would request high draft picks to even entertain it.

So yep - I'm taking Seattle's two over Denver's three any day of the week

And for the 15th time today, no one said they're better than Seattle. They are still again for the 15th time today, not as bad as you're saying they are from your box score scouting 

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

IF you're in the business of using irrelevant data to come to a conclusion, sure.  But his last 2 years are clearly more indicative of his talent level.

And I'm not sure anyone is suggesting that Denver's top 2 WRs are better then Seattle's top 2 WRs.  But that wasn't the original post was.  @FrantikRam said that the Broncos WR's were "significantly worse" then Seattle's.  When did WRs only include the top 2?  Only when it's convienent to the argument.

I mean…. You typically are running 2-3 WRs at the same time. Yes, Denver has 4 solid guys who can play, but the two best players of the 6(right now) are clearly DK and Lockett, with DK being by far the best of the bunch. 

The Broncos have some guys who have shown they are good and a young guy who could be great, but give me Seattles top 2 guys any day of the week right now. That might change going forward, but for now DK is just that dude. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean…. You typically are running 2-3 WRs at the same time. Yes, Denver has 4 solid guys who can play, but the two best players of the 6(right now) are clearly DK and Lockett, with DK being by far the best of the bunch. 

The Broncos have some guys who have shown they are good and a young guy who could be great, but give me Seattles top 2 guys any day of the week right now. That might change going forward, but for now DK is just that dude. 

Again, nobody was disputing this. 

Yes Seattle's 2 receivers are better than Denver's top 2 receivers. 

nobody ever said this wasn't the case. Denver overall at the skill positions are probably better when you include RB and TE especially now that Fant is gone and Albert O will run the show and we have Gordon who is resigning and have Williams. If terms of talent that just need a QB better than Teddy to take advantage of, they're top 12 easily.

they're being talked about like they are the Jags or Jets 

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Yes Seattle's 2 receivers are better than Denver's top 2 receivers. 

nobody ever said this wasn't the case. Denver overall at the skill positions are probably better when you include RB and TE especially now that Fant is gone and Albert O will run the show and we have Gordon who is resigning and have Williams. If terms of talent that just need a QB better than Teddy to take advantage of, they're top 12 easily.

they're being talked about like they are the Jags or Jets 

We're not that far off - I said 15th at best. I'm curious who you think they're better than?

You know who the big time winner is here?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJicspw5qnGFAufFYH4ly

I always preferred Jerry Jeudy over CeeDee Lamb coming out of Alabama due to his extremely elite route running abilities and now that he's finally got himself an awesome RUSSELL WILSON @ QB?!?!?

The world is about to see why.

Russell Wilson is going to help turn this kid into a D.K. Metcalf type of SUPERSTAR WR. 

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How many years does Wilson reasonably have left? 5? 6? 7?

Who knows but it'll be way much longer than Aaron Rodgers (who's turning 39 years old). 

I'm thinking another 5 years of top notch QB production out of Russell Wilson.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

The team 4th place team in the AFC North literally has the best betting odds of winning the AFC North.

And honestly none of the 4 teams winning that division or finishing last would be surprising.

Cincinnati will own that division for the next 3 seasons.

But 2nd place should be Baltimore's for the taking. Pittsburgh will be in for a long time of mediocrity, and Cleveland doesn't have a QB.

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

IF you're in the business of using irrelevant data to come to a conclusion, sure.  But his last 2 years are clearly more indicative of his talent level.

Okay, but even by your criteria, Sutton's last two years (19' + 21' bc he missed 20) still aren't nearly as good as Metcalf's last two years (20' + 21').

Again, this is understandable because his QB situation was worse, but if we are willing to ignore 14 TDs and 300+ yards and 25 receptions over the last two seasons due to QB play, we might as well make Brandin Cooks a top 5 WR while we are at it. 

58 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And I'm not sure anyone is suggesting that Denver's top 2 WRs are better then Seattle's top 2 WRs.  But that wasn't the original post was.  @FrantikRam said that the Broncos WR's were "significantly worse" then Seattle's.  When did WRs only include the top 2?  Only when it's convienent to the argument.

I am specifically responding to the take of Sutton > Metcalf, but I'll bite because I definitely agree with @FrantikRam that I'm taking a gap in WR1 + WR2 over a gap in WR3 almost always. 

I like Tim Patrick (especially as a WR3), but there's 0 chance I'm downgrading my WR1 and WR2 to get him.