Colts trade QB Carson Wentz + 2nd to Commanders for 2nd + two 3rds

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Supposedly they were in on Jimmy, but the reasons that didn't go through are vague. Ian simply said that they "didn't want to wait for Jimmy", which I find an interesting turn of phrase. Im' not sure what they could be waiting on unless the 49ers are dragging their feet on something. 

Waiting to see how his recovery goes from surgery?

Is Lynch going full Patriot first few seasons and asking for the moon in compensation? Knowing it won't be matched?

I mean they gave up two 3rds , swapped 2nds and picked up the salary for Wentz. Is Lynch asking for a high 2nd, a 1st or Multiple picks as well?

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Supposedly they were in on Jimmy, but the reasons that didn't go through are vague. Ian simply said that they "didn't want to wait for Jimmy", which I find an interesting turn of phrase. Im' not sure what they could be waiting on unless the 49ers are dragging their feet on something. 

results of his surgery?

Just now, RaisinBran said:

Didn't Jimmy G have surgery?

Yeah, shoulder capsule surgery or something odd like that. But nobody is going to be able to wait on the surgery recovery (time table recovery is 4 mos) because the 49ers will have traded him by then. So I have no idea what the "didn't want to wait" is about. 

there were rumors that Jimmy simply didn't want to go there, but I don't know how accurate that is. 

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

results of his surgery?

4 month recovery, so nobody is going to know. The surgery went well according to everyone, but I'm not sure how much more they are going to get than that. He's got to be off the roster by league year so the 49ers have money to spend in FA and re-sign guys 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don’t see why Jimmy G is considered a commodity either. In a good setup in SF, he’s still a just above average qb. He would do awful in Washington 

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean they gave up two 3rds , swapped 2nds and picked up the salary for Wentz. Is Lynch asking for a high 2nd, a 1st or Multiple picks as well?

Not sure any more...the surgery threw everything up in the air. At first they were "looking for a first" (which I took as translated to, we'll take a second + mid round pick), but the surgery, while routine and not a big deal, screws your time frame up. Jimmy can't  be in OTAs or mini camp. He can't throw with receivers and stuff. I have no idea what they are asking for now. I'd assume he's trying to get a second though. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

No Jimmy G please

he prob would have been a 1st and 35 mil + 

at least with Sentz we can dump him  and only lose a 3rd rounder because it’s based on him playing 70% of plays

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

4 month recovery, so nobody is going to know. The surgery went well according to everyone, but I'm not sure how much more they are going to get than that. He's got to be off the roster by league year so the 49ers have money to spend in FA and re-sign guys 

Yeah, I would assume that's what they aren't going to wait on so they passed.

Just now, Forge said:

Not sure any more...the surgery threw everything up in the air. At first they were "looking for a first" (which I took as translated to, we'll take a second + mid round pick), but the surgery, while routine and not a big deal, screws your time frame up. Jimmy can't  be in OTAs or mini camp. He can't throw with receivers and stuff. I have no idea what they are asking for now. I'd assume he's trying to get a second though. 

Think that's kinda the point though Forge. Why spend a 2nd or multiple picks for JG coming off surgery (even if supposedly minor) instead of going with the Wentz deal? 

Had the surgery never occured think JG would of been dealt by now instead. Lynch just isn't trying to get pennies on the dollar although that's exactly what might unfold. Or dare I suggest, he stays a Niner. 🙉😎

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Think that's kinda the point though Forge. Why spend a 2nd or multiple picks for JG coming off surgery (even if supposedly minor) instead of going with the Wentz deal? 

Had the surgery never occured think JG would of been dealt by now instead. Lynch just isn't trying to get pennies on the dollar although that's exactly what might unfold. Or dare I suggest, he stays a Niner. 🙉😎

...and starts

I dont hate this move for the Commies. They are in desperation mode. Their roster is actually good but they are so limited from the QB position it makes them losers. This isnt going to make the superbowl contenders, but it will make them a hard out every game pending which Wentz shows up. That dude is a natural born loser with the talent/gifts of an all pro. He is like Favre, if Brett was a whiney, no confidence, cry baby. 

That said - this is as good a time as any that the perception of me on the website changed directly due to the fact that I was so opinionated that Dak was better than Goff and Wentz. I was right. Bow down plebs. I owned you all in this debate and it makes me smile seeing you all finally on board.