aceinthehouse

Carson Wentz traded to Washington  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Washington Commanders now have the best QB in the NFC East

• True
    • False
    • Let's wait till after FA & the Draft before I comment

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nearly a quarter of his games last season was against the Texans and Jaguars… so yeah. Numbers do lie.

Without context, raw stats are pretty limited in how accurate a picture they paint. 

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

What’s he gonna do in Washington that he wasn’t able to do in Indy?

Last more than one season. Maybe. 

6 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Did you actually watch him play 

Numbers work much better, don't they? 😁

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Where's the "Washington goes 13-4, book it" thread?

That'll come around training camp time...

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I would take Daniel Jones and Jalen Hurts over Carson Wentz. Not that I think highly of the first two, but I think that lowly of Wentz.

Real talk - I might take Gardner Minshew over Wentz.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Amari Cooper allegedly called Dak Prescott the "Black Kirk Cousins" in a team meeting. And yet, the "Black Kirk Cousins" is still easily a better QB than Carson Wentz.

For the record, white Kirk Cousins is also a better QB than Carson Wentz.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Cousins is 59-59-2 He is 33-29-1 as a Viking.

He might be better at low interception percentage and completion percentage, but he's not better at winning games.

You referring to Dak?

Because Wentz is 44-40-1. 

I'll take my chances going forward with the lower int % and completion % and hope the 4.5 game edge is an anomaly lol.

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

You referring to Dak?

Because Wentz is 44-40-1. 

I'll take my chances going forward with the lower int % and completion % and hope the 4.5 game edge is an anomaly lol.

I'm saying people that try to be tough guys by swinging Kirk Cousins around look like clowns.

The answer to Will Cousins be better than QB X next year is always maybe? but still kinda bad?

Edited by SkippyX

I see a lot of egg on some faces in this poll.

I don't think many of you thought this through, when voting and that's ok.

My initial reaction to the trade was blah, too.

I thought we were getting a 6'5" version of Kirk Cousins who chokes late in the season & in games.

Then I remembered that Wentz actually led a team (philly) to an 11-2 record before getting hurt.

Something Cousins hasn't & will never be able to do.

I'm going to remain in wait & see mode for now.

Cause I don't know what Wentz mental state is at the moment.

I will say this....

If Washington can manage to get some additional pieces around him & that Defense can stay healthy?

Not only will Wentz have this team in Playoff position, but he will be in line for comeback player of the year.

Wentz has the talent. We just don't know where his head is at. Of course, staying healthy will determine a lot of this as well.

I know one thing...

I like Washington's chances in taking the NFC East better with Wentz, than Denver taking the AFC West with Wilson.

And that's all that matters to me.

6 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I see a lot of egg on some faces in this poll.

I don't think many of you thought this through, when voting and that's ok.

I don't think you thought this through when you made this poll.

How many Wentz games did you watch last year?  My guess is none.  He ain't the player he was in 2017.

And most didn't have to do a lot of thinking because Dak is way, way better than Wentz right now.

Hell, Jalen Hurts is better.  He's been better in Philly than Wentz was before they jettisoned him.

Daniel Jones is worse though.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I don't think you thought this through when you made this poll.

How many Wentz games did you watch last year?  My guess is none.  He ain't the player he was in 2017.

And most didn't have to do a lot of thinking because Dak is way, way better than Wentz right now.

Hell, Jalen Hurts is better.  He's been better in Philly than Wentz was before they jettisoned him.

Daniel Jones is worse though.

I will admit, I didn't catch a lot of Colts games last yr. 

I do know he had a fractured/broken foot after the trade going back to H.S. Irsay was pissed about that.

Then Wentz not wanting the vaccine, pissed off Irsay even more.

I think the final Jags game pretty much ended his tenure in Indy. (Or last 2 games)

I think Reich & Ballard tried to save face & their Jobs by throwing Wentz under the bus, is what I think.

Again, I didn't watch much of Wentz last yr, so I don't know how bad he was?

But to throw 27 TD's vs 7 int's can't be horrific.

And we know these aren't Alex Smith game managing numbers.

Listen, Wentz is only 29 yrs old. He's in his prime. Maybe the ACL injury ended his career, rather than derailed it. We shall see...

But if he gets back even a little of that 2017 form?

And Washington puts the pieces around him to succeed?

There's no reason to think, that he can't be a real weapon this season providing he's healthy & mentally ok.

I know, there's a lot of "if's & but's" in there...

So we shall see how this ends up...

Personally, I think this was a good move by Washington considering the QB's that are available.

Wentz is the most talented QB in the division by a large margin, but watching the Eagles win a SB without him broke him mentally. He just seems petty and a crappy teammate now and he's not played close to the level he's capable of. Unfortunately Washington would be one of the last franchises I would pick to fix a reclamation project, so I would definitely rather have Dak or Hurts now.

On 3/9/2022 at 8:54 PM, Emerica said:

Commanders fans on straight copium already huh

This is Ace, man.

Wentz problems aren't his ability to throw the football. He's pretty average at reading defenses.

His issues are that he's a super entitled and unlikable person. And he's anti-clutch.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wentz is the most talented QB in the division by a large margin, but watching the Eagles win a SB without him broke him mentally. He just seems petty and a crappy teammate now and he's not played close to the level he's capable of. Unfortunately Washington would be one of the last franchises I would pick to fix a reclamation project, so I would definitely rather have Dak or Hurts now.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/3/9/22968823/carson-wentz-voiced-his-displeasure-eagles-success-to-other-injured-players-during-super-bowl-run

Wentz struggled with accountability in his last three seasons in Philadelphia and it hurt his standing with teammates and coaches. But it was the torn ACL that ended his 2017 season and denied him the Super Bowl run that revealed character defects and affected him in certain corners of the locker room.

Sometime before the championship game, Wentz voiced his displeasure with the Eagles’ success to a group of other injured players, sources with direct knowledge of the incident said. One of the players immediately confronted him and the two eventually had to be separated.

• Like 2