2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wilson seemed cooked last year, not going to lie

Plus, we've got Mitchell and (hopefully *crosses fingers*) Trey Sermon to grind out tough yards. We need someone to hit home runs. We need someone to catch the ball. If they can play special teams a little, it's a bonus. Wilson can catch a little, but certainly not enough to be a plus at that role. 

• Like 2

Several of you sure love to hate on Baker. Not getting it unless you have bought into the Manziel crap some throw around. He came close to eliminating Mahomie and crew (at Arrowhead) from the Super Bowl, but he had to beat both the zebras and the Chief D. He is the best the Browns have had since Bernie Kosar. 

If I was a Browns fan, I would be ticked at throwing 5 picks, guaranteed $230 million for a QB who hasn't played in 2 years and may get suspended for another... Does the whole "bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush" not apply? I don't get it. 

• Like 1

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

He also mentions that we are holding onto Jimmy for the time being.... well no poop.

I talked to a source who said the 49ers aren't in a major rush to move quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. The 49ers budgeted for this offseason knowing they could carry Garoppolo's $26 million cap hit and still do what's necessary in free agency and the draft from a cash standpoint.

Garoppolo's market appears to be slow right now. Teams I've talked to have legitimate concern about the shoulder surgery and what that might mean for his offseason and the 2022 campaign. Trey Lance has gotten the full impression behind the scenes that he will start in 2022. So while the expectation is San Francisco will move Garoppolo eventually, it feels like the team is in a holding pattern on that.

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I talked to a source who said the 49ers aren't in a major rush to move quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. The 49ers budgeted for this offseason knowing they could carry Garoppolo's $26 million cap hit and still do what's necessary in free agency and the draft from a cash standpoint.

Garoppolo's market appears to be slow right now. Teams I've talked to have legitimate concern about the shoulder surgery and what that might mean for his offseason and the 2022 campaign. Trey Lance has gotten the full impression behind the scenes that he will start in 2022. So while the expectation is San Francisco will move Garoppolo eventually, it feels like the team is in a holding pattern on that.

So, we're banking on a training camp injury, missed opportunity in the draft, or poor performance to move Jimmy? Cool...

I have to imagine, based on their cap room($4.4M before McCloud & Odum), that these 3(Wilson, Willis, & Johnson) likely got veteran minimum deals, maybe $152,500 signing bonus, or some sort of bonuses like Hurst got, would be a $1,047,500 cap hit.

• Like 2

I was probably the biggest jeff wilson jr fan around, but he indeed looked washed last year.

We reallllly needed something out of a RB not named mitchell last year and he gave us nothing. 

At this point, we cant consider him more than a STer/camp body.

I actually like Sermon to have a bounce back year this year, but I want to add another RB. Still not happy mostert is gone. Feels like every year we bring in RBs in the offseason and every season we feel so thin at RB. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

But Lombardi told us the shoulder surgery should be a no concern since it was just a routine operation!

So basically the team is more concerned with getting a 2023 pick and will try to trade Jimmy in July and if they can't, then they will just release him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

So, we're banking on a training camp injury, missed opportunity in the draft, or poor performance to move Jimmy? Cool...

No we are banking on him to get healthy and cut him when he can pass a physical but in the meantime if a injury at QB and or a team comes calling then they will move. 

Edited by 49erurtaza