2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The team is too talented not to compete for a SB. I said last week as well that if they hold on to Jimmy's contract until July, then they better be willing to make a game changing move during the trade deadline that could put the team over the top. 

I think the team drafted a bunch of guys last season for Lance's skillset and those that would get their shot in 2022, ala Sermon/Banks. I think they are trusting their scouting department but it all comes down to Lance. If he makes a big jump from last season, then the mindset will change and there will be more urgency to go for it. 

I think we're competing for the superbowl in large part because Demeco will have this defense ready to go. Last year, there was a period of adjustment, which coincided with the offense struggling, so we had that losing streak, and still almost got to the superbowl. THe offense next year might struggle, but I feel like the D will be better from the start.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Beautiful! :) Sounds like it is all the OL time baybee! 

That's an epically good contract for us. Ebukam was coming on, late in the year. Omenihu showed to be an efficient player. Willis can still surprise. DE by committee, while Bosa causes chaos on the other side!

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

"Show me, don't tell me".......But obviously good news if this surgery helped solve some of the issues he's had with his knee. 

Either way, he has to play big this season and fill the big void left by DJ. 

Our NT has abs. That feels weird to say.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Beautiful! :) Sounds like it is all the OL time baybee! 

I still want to sign someone like Billy Turner or JC Tretter before the draft. Then if we don't re-sign Tartt, we can go safety and OL/DL with our first three picks. I want the early picks to be all about the trenches so I do hope we bring Tartt back but not sure if that will happen. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I ran a few mocks on profootballnetwork and pff. I came away thinking the same. Surely we aren't keeping all 9 picks right?

No decent established roster should ever draft nine players. With any luck you can manage a draft pick or two on the practice squad. And chances are an UDFA will still manage to beat a draft pick. I always preferred to have 5 or 6 draft picks. Although, I do consider 7th rounders to be more like priority UDFA than actual draft capital.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, N4L said:

Not only that but he's 340 lbs and kills squirrels with his bare hands 

KINLAW HERE TO KILL Y'ALL 

Side note, I had to mercy-kill a squirrel in my back yard over the weekend with a shovel (not a fun experience) and the first thing I thought of was Kinlaw.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I ran a few mocks on profootballnetwork and pff. I came away thinking the same. Surely we aren't keeping all 9 picks right?

I think we have the ability to make at least 1 or 2 meaningful trade ups on Day 2 and/or the start of day 3. 

I'm thinking it's going to be for an EDGE or Safety, but knowing Lynch during draft day, it's going to be for something we're not expecting like a WR or TE.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Side note, I had to mercy-kill a squirrel in my back yard over the weekend with a shovel (not a fun experience) and the first thing I thought of was Kinlaw.  

Ugh! Tree rats! Dislike them a lot as they have destroyed bird feeders in my backyard. Love birds and want to see them, feed them...not tree rats.