2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

"they are just clearing space for garoppolo"

"they are just getting ammo to trade for deebo"

Day Valentine GIF

I’ve kind of forgotten about Jimbo with all this going on. I wonder who will be clearing space for him next? Houston? Carolina? 

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I’ve kind of forgotten about Jimbo with all this going on. I wonder who will be clearing space for him next? Houston? Carolina? 

The niners. That's why they are trading Deebo. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, GW21 said:

This is what I've been saying as well. It's gotta be something we've built into the contract to protect ourselves. 

Our predraft visits and meetings confirm this. Before and at the combine it looks as though we were looking at edge defenders - Boye Mafe, Drake Jackson and such were on there. Maybe the price looked to be too high/they weren't super enamored with the crew/they liked the budget FA speed edges more than the budget FA starting safeties (they had Turay on their predraft meeting list when he came out just like Omenihu - we're pretty open with these things on who we like), but the only really solid day two players we've brought in have been starting strong safeties (Brisker and Cross) and run blocking guards for this year with flexibility to tackle and/or center later on (Dylan Parham, Cole Strange, and Sean Rhyan; distance meeting with Cam Jurgens). We haven't been clearly checking out guys like Khalil Shakir or Treylon Burks or whomever among the earlier wide receivers (with one exception - we had a combine meeting with Christian Watson); the wide receivers we have checked out are backup pure speed/gadget guys like Velus Jones and Danny Gray and 6th and 7th round/priority UDFA big slots to back up Jennings. 

"I’m told this reliably, at the owners meetings Kyle Shanahan was asking other teams, 'Why aren’t you interested in Garoppolo? He’s better than what you have,' Lombardi said. "And they don’t want to give Garoppolo away, and Garoppolo is certainly valuable, and yet they don’t want to have to just give him away and I think ultimately that being tied up is what’s creating the issue (signing Deebo Samuel), and of course all these other contracts, too."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lombardi is plugged in but honestly he says a lot of dumb stuff to. He's all over the place at times but IF this is true, this is hilarious. 

Shanny pretty much let the whole world know that he does not trust Jimmy, but at the same time he thinks they can get high value for him?? Especially with Jimmy's injury history??? They need to be realistic but keeping him on the roster this far into the offseason is terrible. 

• Like 1

And I think deep down Deebo is fine with being a wideback, but there are probably playing time incentives that is ticking him off since he knows the more he is utilized as a RB, the more risk there is of him missing games. He's probably thinking, if you want to use me both ways, then don't put any injury incentives/playing time incentives and pay me what I'm worth. 

Just one of the most disappointing offseasons you can have. Everyone deserves blame here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And I think deep down Deebo is fine with being a wideback, but there are probably playing time incentives that is ticking him off since he knows the more he is utilized as a RB, the more risk there is of him missing games. He's probably thinking, if you want to use me both ways, then don't put any injury incentives/playing time incentives and pay me what I'm worth. 

Just one of the most disappointing offseasons you can have. Everyone deserves blame here. 

What if the incentives are for keeping him in shape? He did show up out of shape in his 2nd year. Not saying that's what it is, but that could be one of the reasons for them. 

When your job is sports, showing up out of shape is a cardinal sin. 

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

What if the incentives are for keeping him in shape? He did show up out of shape in his 2nd year. Not saying that's what it is, but that could be one of the reasons for them. 

When your job is sports, showing up out of shape is a cardinal sin. 

Sure, but even that he is not trying to hear about now. Deebo knows the mistake he made or has made in the past but seems to have a nice regimen and routine now that is working for him.