Jags sign Christian Kirk to a large contract

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Ususally what happens when you miss in the draft, lol.

Not sure of the surprise, you don’t consistently pick in the top 5-10 for a decade (and back to back 1st overall picks currently) by having good players in house.

The only one that is going to crack that top 10 who we drafted is Josh Allen. Enough said lol

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

The only one that is going to crack that top 10 who we drafted is Josh Allen. Enough said lol

Past regime fumbling the bag with Ramsey and ARob, no one else has really even be worth giving big money to.

Get it’s funny to continue to pile on here, but I think the record speaks for itself. It’s been the most incompetent organization over the past decade, especially drafting. Until we see how the new regime does, the top contracts obviously aren’t going to be coming from internally. Hell, CJ Henderson has already been dealt and Chaisson is looking like he’ll be out of the league from just a couple drafts ago.

19 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Probably not a good sign that 3 of your highest paid players are a G,C and LB. Three of the least valuable positions on the field. 

If I had to choose between 3 all pros in the interior line with 2 average OT or 2 all pro OT and 3 average interior guys I'm taking the interior line. U can scheme around the tackle problem and you could also help tackles with a chip block 

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ususally what happens when you miss in the draft, lol.

Not sure of the surprise, you don’t consistently pick in the top 5-10 for a decade (and back to back 1st overall picks currently) if you drafted well. All those guys besides Linder have been signed in the last two seasons.

Weren't our draft classes considered good after the draft by most media? 

I think it's more of a player development issue besides the Bryan over Lamar 

53 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Probably not a good sign that 3 of your highest paid players are a G,C and LB. Three of the least valuable positions on the field. 

I mean could be worse. Imagine paying your QB 40M, RB 18M, DE 20M and possibly going 1 and done in the playoffs again, just saying. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Reportedly we didn't want to eat all the money

But Kirk is getting more money guaranteed than Cooper. Cooper is getting 20 mil per year for the next 3 seasons but it's not guaranteed. The team can cut him at any time with no dead money if it doesn't work out. Whereas if Kirk underachieves and the team regrets the deal, getting out will be expensive during at least the next 2 years. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

But Kirk is getting more money guaranteed than Cooper. Cooper is getting 20 mil per year for the next 3 seasons but it's not guaranteed. The team can cut him at any time with no dead money if it doesn't work out. Whereas if Kirk underachieves and the team regrets the deal, getting out will be expensive during at least the next 2 years. 

Go ask Trent baalke why.  While your doing that feel free to take him out. 

16 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Past regime fumbling the bag with Ramsey and ARob, no one else has really even be worth giving big money to.

Get it’s funny to continue to pile on here, but I think the record speaks for itself. It’s been the most incompetent organization over the past decade, especially drafting. Until we see how the new regime does, the top contracts obviously aren’t going to be coming from internally. Hell, CJ Henderson has already been dealt and Chaisson is looking like he’ll be out of the league from just a couple drafts ago.

What is the deal with Chaisson? He's done next to nothing in the NFL.