Jags sign Christian Kirk to a large contract

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah cause I'm not a Jags fan.

Wasn’t directed at you, but also fair point.

Just always find this time period funny is all. Appear to be alone in not really caring about overpays (especially for teams with no reason not to throw everything at guys and see what sticks). 

11 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Lost in all of this….

….the Cardinals have to be absolutely stoked that the Jags just handed them a 3rd round pick for their 2nd round disappointment. 

They will take that pick and draft his replacement for way cheaper.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Wasn’t directed at you, but also fair point.

Just always find this time period funny is all. Appear to be alone in not really caring about overpays (especially for teams with no reason not to throw everything at guys and see what sticks). 

It's true our initial reactions to FA should be taken with a grain of salt. 

A lot of us haven't even watched these players more than a handful of times a year if that.

I would've rather you signed Ced Wilson for what he got than what you handed out to Kirk, but he's still a nice receiver and was probably worth a more like 13-15 max, but Jags had the money and he took advantage.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

People crying about 37M GTD 😂😂😂

This move is going to cripple the franchise for years.

Not about GTD. You used 21M, valuable cap space, on an average player. I can’t even explain how horrendous of a business decision this is. But I’m sure you guys are use to it, it happens every year with the Jags. Poor Lawrence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

$18.5M per years for two years remains an overpay. Having an exit strategy after two years does not mean you are not still at least overpaying for two years.

1.5M cap hit this year, 15.5 next year, and than can get out if he’s not performing.

Should we feel bad for the billionaire owner?