Jags sign Christian Kirk to a large contract

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, Forge said:

I was expecting about 22 apy well before this deal. 

Yeah, when's the new media deal scheduled to kick in (or have they fully negotiated it yet)?  If the cap continues to go north, I won't be shocked if he pulls $25M apy if he stays even remotely healthy next season.

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

Yeah, when's the new media deal scheduled to kick in (or have they fully negotiated it yet)?  If the cap continues to go north, I won't be shocked if he pulls $25M apy if he stays even remotely healthy next season.

Pretty sure Pelissaro may have indicated today that there was a possibility it could go up by 20% next year, which is insane. 

I think the conservative estimate is still 10% though - that's what OTC has I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

I understand you are the Jags and have to overpay to get FA’s interested but jeez thats a lot for that caliber of player 

Yeah for sure. They have to overpay because people wan to go to contenders but I wouldn't turn down $17M either. Way to reset the WR market. Devante, Justin Jefferson, Kupp, etc are like "THANK YOU!"

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm not too familiar with Kirk.  Would you consider him to be kind of a lateral move to replace Chark?

They bring very different skill sets. But as far as being a #2 option ideally, yes.

• Like 1