Von Miller signs with Bills for 6 years / 120 million

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, jrry32 said:

Nah. Essentially guaranteeing three years at big money to a soon-to-be 33 year old pass rusher is a very questionable decision. But if it gets the Bills a ring, who cares? You gotta do what you gotta do. Had to outbid the competition.

Agreed. They’re in a position to win the super bowl might as well go all in now. Can’t be worrying about 3 years down the line. It’s probably a bad contract for them but if it helps them go all the way it’s worth it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. Essentially guaranteeing three years at big money to a soon-to-be 33 year old pass rusher is a very questionable decision. But if it gets the Bills a ring, who cares? You gotta do what you gotta do. Had to outbid the competition.

Quite literally this.

Beane landed the franchise QB so he’s playing with house money among the fan base anyway. Bills are in win now mode. He wanted Watt last year, they were in on Ogbah and Chandler Jones this time around. Gotta do what you gotta do to win that title.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AllThingsTN said:

I know the Super Bowl commentators were still singing his praises. But didn’t look like the same guy to me. I hope not because I actually like the bills (even though they’re my Titans completion). But man that’s a lot of money for a pass rusher who is less of a sacker and more of a ball swatter at this point. JMO

You wouldn't be wrong. I can't necessarily speak to the stats but after seeing his last two seasons on the Broncos, he's definitely lost more than a step in terms of actually rushing the QB. I will say he's still strong in run defense and being a general "swiss army knife" you can move around in many different ways. It's a HUGE overpay imo on the Bills part. We all saw him be fine in the playoff run but not a difference maker. Again, at this point, he's getting by on his game IQ which is still elite, but the physical doesn't match.

9 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Maybe Von Miller can help your fan base witness your 1st ever Super Bowl Win (0-4 and wide right). 

Wide right was apart of the 0-4. Not “and” as If it were a separate event. If you’re going to try and troll at least be accurate. 

Yes the Bills 30 years ago, were in 4 straight Super Bowls and lost them all. Thank you for bringing that to everyone’s attention. It was unknown before this.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Quite literally this.

Beane landed the franchise QB so he’s playing with house money among the fan base anyway. Bills are in win now mode. He wanted Watt last year, they were in on Ogbah and Chandler Jones this time around. Gotta do what you gotta do to win that title.

I initially wasn't happy when the Rams traded a 2nd and a 3rd for the same aging pass rusher. Yet, it was a move that helped win us a Super Bowl. Was it worth it? Yep, even with us losing him after the season. I wish Von the best. We wouldn't have won it all without him. 

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Wide right was apart of the 0-4. Not “and” as If it were a separate event. If you’re going to try and troll at least be accurate. 

Yes the Bills 30 years ago, were in 4 straight Super Bowls and lost them all. Thank you for bringing that to everyone’s attention. It was unknown before this.  

He wasn't even alive for the Jets' only Super Bowl, according to another thread he's homering in