Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

Just now, gopackgo972 said:

The rams haven’t had a 1st round pick in 6 years and they’ve been to the SB twice and won 1. You over value 1st round picks. 

Seahawks haven't had a first round pick in about as long and haven't won anything.

The Rams had the 6th most home grown players in the league (players they drafted themselves).

They had the best defensive lineman of the past 20 years.

They played a second year head coach and second year QB in the Super Bowl. I can guarantee you the Rams do not beat the Bills or the Chiefs. Or even the Packers. LaFleur has McVay's number the same way Niner's coach has LaFleur's.

The Rams also have the best cornerback in the game and the 9th best scoring defense.

And their roster is full of old and aging players.

They bought a Super Bowl, and that's fine. You can do that. Just ask the Broncos.

The question is do you want the Packers to buy a Super Bowl with a QB who has choked badly in about 9 consecutive post seasons?

We have to be more aggressive and we have to make aggressive additions to this team, but saying first round picks are overvalued is a terrible take.

Once you get into the second round, yes. Draft picks are overvalued. Especially 3rd-7th round draft picks.

For the life of me I cannot understand why the Packers hold those picks in such high regard. With Aaron's age, they shouldn't let a single round past 2nd go by without trying to move up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Seahawks haven't had a first round pick in about as long and haven't won anything.

The Rams had the 6th most home grown players in the league (players they drafted themselves).

They had the best defensive lineman of the past 20 years.

They played a second year head coach and second year QB in the Super Bowl. I can guarantee you the Rams do not beat the Bills or the Chiefs. Or even the Packers. LaFleur has McVay's number the same way Niner's coach has LaFleur's.

The Rams also have the best cornerback in the game and the 9th best scoring defense.

And their roster is full of old and aging players.

They bought a Super Bowl, and that's fine. You can do that. Just ask the Broncos.

The question is do you want the Packers to buy a Super Bowl with a QB who has choked badly in about 9 consecutive post seasons?

We have to be more aggressive and we have to make aggressive additions to this team, but saying first round picks are overvalued is a terrible take.

Once you get into the second round, yes. Draft picks are overvalued. Especially 3rd-7th round draft picks.

For the life of me I cannot understand why the Packers hold those picks in such high regard. With Aaron's age, they shouldn't let a single round past 2nd go by without trying to move up.

Surprisingly, I agree with a lot of these thoughts! 

• Like 1

Crack Pipe Theory:

Matt LaFleur talked to Aaron Rodgers after the loss aand had a heart to heart with him. He showed Rodgers the tape of all the games Adams missed and how Rodgers knew he couldn't go to Adams if he didn't like the play.

Under LaFleur, the Packers are 6 or 7 and 0 without Adams. Rodgers has near flawless statistics without Adams. BECAUSE HE HAS TO PLAY THE OFFENSE INSTEAD OF CHANGING PLAYS TO SUIT DAVANTE'S COVERAGE.

So LaFleur showed him this, including the postseason loss, and convinced Rodgers that he doesn't need great receivers, he just needs good receivers.

So Gute and LaFleur said they would add talented receiving options, but lose Adams.

• Like 2

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Crack Pipe Theory:

Matt LaFleur talked to Aaron Rodgers after the loss aand had a heart to heart with him. He showed Rodgers the tape of all the games Adams missed and how Rodgers knew he couldn't go to Adams if he didn't like the play.

Under LaFleur, the Packers are 6 or 7 and 0 without Adams. Rodgers has near flawless statistics without Adams. BECAUSE HE HAS TO PLAY THE OFFENSE INSTEAD OF CHANGING PLAYS TO SUIT DAVANTE'S COVERAGE.

So LaFleur showed him this, including the postseason loss, and convinced Rodgers that he doesn't need great receivers, he just needs good receivers.

So Gute and LaFleur said they would add talented receiving options, but lose Adams.

i like it....now pass the pipe!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Is this the highest return anyone has ever received for a wide receiver?

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillRo04.htm

The last guy that went for something similar, believe Dallas gave up a 1,3,6 for Williams, and they got a few 500 yard seasons for that investment lol.

There was also this one where Green Bay was on the giving end.

Tandem of Lofton & Jefferson: How good was it? (packers.com)

Or this one:

On February 12, 2000, The Seahawks traded Galloway to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for their first round selections in the 2000 and 2001 NFL Drafts (which would produce Shaun Alexander and Koren Robinson). Dallas Cowboys

Such an interesting trade.  When I heard of it I was shocked, sad and happy all at the same time.

Sounds like 'Vante wanted out, for whatever reason.  Had GB waited to do this, his value would have been less.

Given those sets of circumstances, this is a good trade for GB and a great trade for Vegas.

This is one of those trades that could set GB up for a great future.  It allows us to re-sign Douglas now, maybe add a vet WR while having the ability to draft 2 WR's within the first two rounds of this draft.  While also having other premium picks to backfill other positions.  Or it gives GB the ammunition to trade up for someone that they covet.

In the future, this allows for a much easier JA extension and possibly the Gary extension.

It is great from a cap perspective, now our front office has to draft the right Wr's in this draft.  While solidifying what has to be the absolute worst WR room in the league right now.

It also puts all the pressure squarely on the guy who just signed another record deal with GB.  

We have the RB's to lean on.  We need to bolster the OL and we need our 4X MVP who is also the 2X reigning MVP to work within the offense for an entire season.  

There is a scenario here where this helps our offense considerably.  But that is up to Aaron AND the front office, together.  Which is what he wanted back in the summer.

And congrats to 'Vante for getting the largest WR deal done.  He.  Has.  Deserved.  It.  Gonna miss that fella.  But by doing this, he will now go down as the second greatest Packer WR that I've been able to watch play, behind only Sharpe.

• Like 5

Davante has been one of my favorite Packers the few years but I was hoping this was the outcome. He may be the best WR in the NFL but you can't pay him 28 mil/year and win a Super Bowl unless your QB is on a rookie deal. I've always kind of liked the Raiders, I'm happy to see Davante play with his best friend, and hope he keeps dominating out West.

As for the Pack, I'm excited. I'd love to find a way to land Wilson or Olave in round 1, while also signing two vet WR's to give us a deeper positional group. Rodgers always plays well when he isn't staring Davante down because he has to survey the whole field. I think he can elevate a mediocre group without Adams. That said, we need more depth and speed than we currently have. Lazard/Cobb/Rodgers/draft pick is not enough. JuJu, Beasley, Fuller, Crowder, Tate would all be guys I'd look at, as well as bringing MVS back if the price is right. 

• Like 1

Perfect way to react to this- sign Cordarrelle Patterson & Cole Beasley + draft a WR in Round 1

Patterson could be an awesome weapon in this offense and fills a void for KR/PR. I think Beasley would do very well here too. Get me Treylon Burks or either OSU wideout and I think our offense looks awesome.

WR group something like…

Chris Olave

Allen Lazard

Cordarrelle Patterson

Cole Beasley

Randall Cobb

I’d like to officially lead the Cordarrelle / Cole movement here. 

• Like 1