Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

THE FACT OF THE MATTER MAYFIELD HAS MORE WINS THEN DESHAUN. 

the fact they never mention it shows historical ommition posting.

They're pretty much even there, for what it's worth. Baker went 30 and 30 in the Browns and Watson 28-25 on the Texans. I'd argue the Texans were a much better roster and in a much easier division for the most part. I don't think this tells us much at this point, though.

Watson has been better than Mayfield through their pro careers, that isn't up for debate.

Now someone can project it changing at some point but right now that doesn't even matter.

For all of the information we have at hand, we have upgraded at QB.

Take away Watson's off the field issues and I think there could be a debate about whether it was worth it to upgrade at the cost of the picks and the much higher salary. I would debate on one side but I'd still be excited about our QB and team in general.

Throw in the Watson off the field issues and I've never been in a worse place as a Browns fan. There were somber times in 1995 but I was as loyal as ever and proud of this fanbase.

I'm not saying the way I feel is right or wrong, we all have different reasons for why we root and have our own values and decide how much that should play into your favorite sports team.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Watson has been better than Mayfield through their pro careers, that isn't up for debate.

Now someone can project it changing at some point but right now that doesn't even matter.

Take away Watson's off the field issues and I think there could be a debate about whether it was worth it to upgrade at the cost of the picks and the much higher salary. I would debate on one side but I'd still be excited about our QB and team in general.

Throw in the Watson off the field issues and I've never been in a worse place as a Browns fan. There were somber times in 1995 but I was as loyal as ever and proud of this fanbase.

I'm not saying the way I feel is right or wrong, we all have different reasons for why we root and have our own values and decide how much that should play into your favorite sports team.

Ok what team that made the playoffs and won the division plus Houston played in

There house he put 45 plus on?

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Honestly, and I mean this with sincerity--that feeling will pass and this situation with Watson (unfortunately) is not unique. Some of the biggest athletes ever have had extremely questionable things happen and after a year or two nobody seems to care anymore and they go back to loving them for their athletic abilities.

Tiger had his documented issues similar to Watson, Kobe did too, Michael Jordans entire 'im going to MLB' was a coverup for him being in trouble from a gambling/alcohol standpoint, there was the Mike Tyson fiasco, Ray Lewis possibly killing a person, Ben Roethlisbergers accusations, Adrian Peterson hitting his child with a switch, ect, ect, ect

It sucks, but history has showed us fans/media will get their pound of flesh and then move on once they feel like the person has been embarrassed enough or lost enough. We are just in the eye of the storm right now.

**this does not mean I support anything Watson has done, just pointing out how similar circumstances have played out.

5 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I know some will not believe this narrative, but I do. That's why I'm posting it lol.

Love or hate the decision, the FO was the driving force behind this move. Not the Haslams.

I think this has to be the case now that things are coming out.  Guess we will see if AB is the guy we all thought he was or if he made a career limiting move.  If it works he’s probably on a track to be GM for 15+ years.  If it fails he might not ever get the chance again. Definitely a boom or bust move. 

21 minutes ago, JDD said:

I think this has to be the case now that things are coming out.  Guess we will see if AB is the guy we all thought he was or if he made a career limiting move.  If it works he’s probably on a track to be GM for 15+ years.  If it fails he might not ever get the chance again. Definitely a boom or bust move. 

He said that Howie from phili taught him to be aggressive in player acquisition. The safe move was sticking with Baker. He did anything but play it safe. 

Berry has been very solid in the draft without being spectacular, he hasn't boomed on a pick yet, beyond maybe JOK. His mid rounders have been solid and will be in the league for a while. 

We are just missing someone turning into a pro bowler from the mid rounds.

23 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I know some will not believe this narrative, but I do. That's why I'm posting it lol.

Love or hate the decision, the FO was the driving force behind this move. Not the Haslams.

Washington Nationals Hair GIF by Jomboy Media

Not my biggest miss but yeah I'll own my L here on my Haslem take