Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

58 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Fire everyone. This thing was madness the moment the trade happened.

It wouldn't really be fair to bring in a new regime, they still have Watson for the next 5 years. Obviously if things go south and Watson doesn't ever play for the Browns a lot of people will be fired but they all knew that when they made the deal to trade for him. If things keep coming out and Watson is suspended indefinitely his salary won't count against the cap but you still invested a slew of high picks to get him and it doesn't matter what the owner thought because he isn't taking the hit and they all knew that ahead of time.

The bed is made. May as well let those who made it sleep in it. Well, after Amber Heard comes and inspects it to make sure it's suitable for sleeping in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

It wouldn't really be fair to bring in a new regime, they still have Watson for the next 5 years.

Not if he's banned from the league 🤠.

Note: autosuggestion is getting too good. I was thinking cowboy emoji and it suggested it.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Obviously if things go south and Watson doesn't ever play for the Browns a lot of people will be fired but they all knew that when they made the deal to trade for him. If things keep coming out and Watson is suspended indefinitely his salary won't count against the cap but you still invested a slew of high picks to get him and it doesn't matter what the owner thought because he isn't taking the hit and they all knew that ahead of time.

The bed is made. May as well let those who made it sleep in it. Well, after Amber Heard comes and inspects it to make sure it's suitable for sleeping in.

Give me Amber Heard over Cosby 🤷.

44 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Best case scenario something comes out at some point that’s new and allows voiding of dudes contract. Swallow the lost draft picks and apologize to the fanbase.

I’ve read online that his contract can be voided if something “unknown” pops up. Which makes sense.

They’d never apologize to fans though.

Edited by candyman93

Sticking with the times, are we yet at the point where we say "crapped the bed" with the decision to bring this person in to play QB for our football team?  

While it is intended as nothing more than a metaphor, I think we've found ourselves in a "Lester Hayes"esque type situation, and we're not going to get ourselves clean for years to come.  

We're a couple months into this situation (speeding towards debacle), and I don't think I feel all that much better about it.

Is there any sort of rule in the NFL that even if you've signed a contract with a player for "guaranteed money", if he gets bannished by the league, we don't have to pay him?  Just wondering.  I was thinking that I had heard that somewhere before.

22 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Sticking with the times, are we yet at the point where we say "crapped the bed" with the decision to bring this person in to play QB for our football team?  

While it is intended as nothing more than a metaphor, I think we've found ourselves in a "Lester Hayes"esque type situation, and we're not going to get ourselves clean for years to come.  

We're a couple months into this situation (speeding towards debacle), and I don't think I feel all that much better about it.

Is there any sort of rule in the NFL that even if you've signed a contract with a player for "guaranteed money", if he gets bannished by the league, we don't have to pay him?  Just wondering.  I was thinking that I had heard that somewhere before.

Players on the exempt list don’t get paid from what I’ve read. Which would be kind of interesting and cause our salary cap to spike up like crazy next year.

If we have to void Watson and not take a hit because of a loophole, okay. Do it and move on.

Roll with the pain next year and use all of your draft capital to get a QB replacement in 2023.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Players on the exempt list don’t get paid from what I’ve read. Which would be kind of interesting and cause our salary cap to spike up like crazy next year.

If we have to void Watson and not take a hit because of a loophole, okay. Do it and move on.

Roll with the pain next year and use all of your draft capital to get a QB replacement in 2023.

They do get paid on exempt list.  

17 hours ago, brownie man said:

He’s gonna get 8-10 games

big fine from the league 

Im guessing 2.5 million dollar fine

And he’s going to settle the cases

time will move on someone else will do something stupid while the Browns win two Superbowls with Deshaun at QB

You wish

To paraphrase send me the pillow

You dream on.

• Like 1