Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If they traded Baker, missed out on Watson, Wilson, ect. Who was their Starter for 2022? A Rookie,  Keenum, Brissett? 👍

It was the perfect storm of ineptitude. 

The Colts just traded Wentz without a real plan to replace him. The Falcons becoming a potential suitor for Watson seemingly came out of nowhere and then they were able to acquire Matt Ryan. Couldn't the Browns hypothetically done the exact same thing? 

They've been under .500 in 3/4 years with Baker starting so it's not like keeping Baker as a security blanket if they missed on Watson was going to guarantee success either.

If they missed on all of the top guys they would've been in a weird spot but it's pretty clear that their relationship was basically destroyed regardless.

Edited by NYRaider

9 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok so every team in are division put 40 on Dallas yes or no

Every team to start that season was putting up a bunch of points and yards. Midway through the season, McCarthy demanded a bunch of changes before firing Nolan at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If they traded Baker, missed out on Watson, Wilson, ect. Who was their Starter for 2022? A Rookie,  Keenum, Brissett? 👍

It was the perfect storm of ineptitude. 

I think it would have been Jimmy

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jimmy would of been the logical destination for several teams, pre-surgery.

Yeah, but in the situation you put out, they would be likely to still be in a tough spot when he's healthy. 

So in that situation, with everything else being the same (ie, Jimmy hurt and not yet traded) I believe they just would have traded for Jimmy at some point

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but in the situation you put out, they would be likely to still be in a tough spot when he's healthy. 

So in that situation, with everything else being the same (ie, Jimmy hurt and not yet traded) I believe they just would have traded for Jimmy at some point

Possible yes. However just because the Colts lucked out and were able to acquire Matt Ryan last minute, doesn't mean they weren't idiots for trading Wentz with no actual plan in place. No I don't fir a single second believe Ryan was that plan.

If they traded Baker in the same fashion and lost out on Jimmy (Car, NO, wherever) they are still in the same boat IMO.  Praying 1 drops in the draft and hoping a Rookie QB is taking them to the playoffs.

Watson held numerous teams hostage or their FA period on hold with his interviewing. None more then the Browns IMO.  That's all.

Circumstances are what they are. The Browns created them.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Possible yes. However just because the Colts lucked out and were able to acquire Matt Ryan last minute, doesn't mean they weren't idiots for trading Wentz with no actual plan in place.

They had not one but two plans, same as any team that engages in addition by subtraction (in this case, getting rid of Wentz):

A.  Find a veteran.

B.  Draft a rookie.

Plan A worked.  WTP?

46 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

They had not one but two plans, same as any team that engages in addition by subtraction (in this case, getting rid of Wentz):

A.  Find a veteran.

B.  Draft a rookie.

Plan A worked.  WTP?

Indys plan was never Ryan, it was probably Jimmy. He messed up said plan IMO with his surgery a week earlier. Atlanta was never shopping Ryan to my knowledge. So that "Vet" you described post Wentz trade could of been a number of underwhelming QB's not even better then Carson. Or a Rookie for a supposed SB contender. Let's be honest. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

So that "Vet" you described post Wentz trade could of been a number of underwhelming QB's not even better then Carson.

Correct.  But all not significantly better than Carson would be cheap and those not significantly better could be replaced in the draft (2022 and/or 2023, as necessary).

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

With this thread somehow making it 50 pages, they better at least fetch something for the guy.

There seems to be a recent push from the media in the Panthers getting a veteran, so I think it's possible they do

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

There seems to be a recent push from the media in the Panthers getting a veteran, so I think it's possible they do

Well I don't think they want to commit to paying 39 million to Darnold/Mayfield so the Browns will have to eat some of the salary or they need to unload Darnold which probably isn't happening.

Currently the Panthers have 220 million committed to contracts for next season with 34 players signed so they probably want as much carry over going into next year as possible.

Browns will have to pony up a 5th round pick for someone to take on his whole salary. I can see them getting a 6th round pick if they cover 10-13mil of his salary. 

I wonder if their is any validity to rumors that the other 31 teams are pissed about the Watson contract and are penilizing the browns for it. 

Edited by SHONUFF

1 hour ago, SHONUFF said:

Browns will have to pony up a 5th round pick for someone to take on his whole salary. I can see them getting a 6th round pick if they cover 10-13mil of his salary. 

I wonder if their is any validity to rumors that the other 31 teams are pissed about the Watson contract and are penilizing the browns for it. 

I dont really subscribe to his salary being that much of a problem. Its all posturing. Especially when you look at some of the teams who are looking to get him. Who exactly is SEA/DET paying that they wouldnt have 18M for a 1 year flier QB? Are the Seahawks or Lions really that cash strapped that they couldnt afford a whopping 18M for a 1 year potential franchise QB?

Also, 18M is nothing in QB terms, its quite literally the league average. He is the 15th highest paid QB in the league this year. Teams acting like the 18M Baker is owed is some back breaking amount of money is a load of BS

We got teams out here paying 23M for slot receivers but acting like Baker making 18M is just impossibly too difficult to bring in. Give me a break.

I hope Berry has diamond hands and holds onto him as long as he needs to until a team gets desperate and/or their teams QB gets injured. Smoke them out, dont let them smoke you out. You have the asset they need, not the other way around.

Edited by AkronsWitness