DC Movie Universe

devils1854

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It’s not going to live up to these outlandish expectations that fans have anyway. The movie was an absolute dumpster fire and no edit is going to salvage it. Will a mediocre film be enough to justify all this thirst?  Okay I guess. 

What cracks me up is how vocal fans who hated Snyder for MoS and BvS are some of the most vocal proponents of the so-called Snyder Cut. Everyone could see a mile away how poorly WB handled the entire setup of their films.  Their insistence at distancing themselves from how Marvel did it was their undoing. 

At this point there's no way, but I'm still super interested in seeing it. I like Snyder...sue me.

Maybe so, but I'm not one of them. I love Man of Steel and think the Ultimate Cut of BvS is more than watchable.

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

It's not. He left production in March and (officially in may) But that's still at least 6 months out from the release date. Assuming WB started to mess with the film around then they would've not finished what Snyder shot while they looked for a new director to finish the film. 

The movie was not half finished (at least the VFX weren't) and they're not likely to ever be finished because there's no money in it for WB.

The VFX aren't completed, no argument from me there. But he finished principal and worked for months on post. It's definitely more than half done. Don't forget that they changed A LOT after he left, so Snyder's reshoots wouldn't have been nearly as extensive.

Multiple people have seen it. It's complete outside of all VFX and probably some reshoots he would have wanted.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

The VFX aren't completed, no argument from me there. But he finished principal and worked for months on post. It's definitely more than half done. Don't forget that they changed A LOT after he left, so Snyder's reshoots wouldn't have been nearly as extensive.

Multiple people have seen it. It's complete outside of all VFX and probably some reshoots he would have wanted.

He had a rough cut probably for execs that had the basic layout there's no way he was near completion on the film if WB was planning re-shoots for the summer (whether that was him or the studio is anyone's guess) my point is the VFX and final edit of the film were more than a half a year away from completion when he left.

They might have a somewhat editor's janky cut they could finish the VFX but it wouldn't be Snyder's final cut. 

The thing people want to see from the Snyder cut isn't going to magically fix a broken movie that was supposed to be 2-3 movies rushed into one last minute. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

He had a rough cut probably for execs that had the basic layout there's no way he was near completion on the film if WB was planning re-shoots for the summer (whether that was him or the studio is anyone's guess) my point is the VFX and final edit of the film were more than a half a year away from completion when he left.

They might have a somewhat editor's janky cut they could finish the VFX but it wouldn't be Snyder's final cut. 

The thing people want to see from the Snyder cut isn't going to magically fix a broken movie that was supposed to be 2-3 movies rushed into one last minute. 

I highly doubt so many people connected to the movie would be campaigning for its release if it was that rough of a cut.

30 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I highly doubt so many people connected to the movie would be campaigning for its release if it was that rough of a cut.

It's easier to go along with it instead of being harassed by the snyder cut people for not "NOT SUPPORTING US AND SNYDER" plus they more likely are supporting Snyder rather than the cut of the film.

Not all of them were like that obviously but the amount of them is not 0. 

59 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Maybe so, but I'm not one of them. I love Man of Steel and think the Ultimate Cut of BvS is more than watchable.

I love MoS including the Metropolis battle sequence.  I had zero problem with it bcuz there was nothing else he could do.  Zod was not going gentle into that good night.  I loved Batman's sequences in BvS the most. I think it has the best Batman action sequences to date.  I think it's pretty universal that Jesse Eisenberg was a poor choice for Luthor (Mark Strong would've been legendary as Lex).  It definitely had potential but WB tripped over themselves in making it.  I also think Superman dying was way too early for WB to use that card.  Superman was completely wasted in JL. Steppenwolf was a bad choice as villain.  I know they wanted him as a precursor to Darkseid but they should've gone straight to Darkseid.   Esp considering how much Thanos has been imprinted in pop culture.  The copy has now become the original in pop culture's eyes.   Comic book and cartoon fans know who Darkseid is.  EVERYBODY knows who Thanos is.  

I don't see how Snyder's cut fixes so many things.

41 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I just saw Snyder RT'd Ben Affleck's tweet with the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut.  Snyder left the film due to a truly heartbreaking tragedy.  I don't know how far he was in the film and I've seen various speculation.   I can't imagine that WB even wants to deal with word of a rumored cut at all much less with Snyder himself leading the charge.  We've seen many films in the past get butchered by the studio and later see the director campaign for the director's cut to be released.  I don't remember it happening when the director voluntarily left and wasn't squeezed out.  Or did DC actually do that?  Did Snyder try and stay and they moved on it?

Edited by thrILL!

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I just saw Snyder RT'd Ben Affleck's tweet with the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut.  Snyder left the film due to a truly heartbreaking tragedy.  I don't know how far he was in the film and I've seen various speculation.   I can't imagine that WB even wants to deal with word of a rumored cut at all much less with Snyder himself leading the charge.  We've seen many films in the past get butchered by the studio and later see the director campaign for the director's cut to be released.  I don't remember it happening when the director voluntarily left and wasn't squeezed out.  Or did DC actually do that?  Did Snyder try and stay and they moved on it?

All kinds of rumors. Official story is Snyder left because of his daughter's suicide, but obviously there are people who believe WB used it as a way to push him out. Even if it was amicable and he wasn't forced out, it's clear WB was not going to release anything close to what Snyder had in mind. 

Mamoa has been the biggest supporter of it. Gadot joined the cause today. Those are WB's big money makers and biggest stars, so it'll be interesting to see what happens next. Ben Affleck, Junkie XL, Ray Fisher, the DoP, David Ayer, James Gunn, and so many more are behind it as well. I'm sure Ezra and Cavill will soon be brought into one way or another.

I'm just a Snyder stan. I want to see what he had in store for character's I love. There's been so much going on about it over the last 2 weeks that I'm just getting juiced up for a potential announcement. Speaking of...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junkie_XL/status/1196111682398867456

He's teasing us I'm sure. I know I'm just getting my hopes up for something that won't be released for years, but I just can't help it.

I thought I remember hearing a while back (from Kevin Smith maybe?) that it would cost something like $30 million minimum to make even a rough cut of a Snyder Cut.  WB needs convinced that they can make money by doing it, otherwise, it's not going to happen.  Given how VFX heavy it will be, $30 million seems low to me.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I thought I remember hearing a while back (from Kevin Smith maybe?) that it would cost something like $30 million minimum to make even a rough cut of a Snyder Cut.  WB needs convinced that they can make money by doing it, otherwise, it's not going to happen.  Given how VFX heavy it will be, $30 million seems low to me.

If they were to release it in theaters I wonder if it could make the money back

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

If they were to release it in theaters I wonder if it could make the money back

No. Its a very very small, and extremely vocal group on the internet that even care about it

Honestly my reaction when I saw this was just a massive Eye roll. I just dont care anymore. The cut isnt even close to done, and honestly, it just sounds like a different shade of crap from what we got with the Whedon version

• Like 1

Snyder was way to ambitious and given how the studio wanted to keep up with Marvel's shared universe, they let him have full reign with nobody but his wife to pull him back. MoS was a solid jump off point to build off of, but they just jammed characters and storylines into Dawn of Justice rather than building a universe (at least a MoS sequel). Not to mention the bad castings outside of Batman, Supes and maybe WW.

Steppenwolf was a bad choice and looked bad in JL. Whedon for the most part seem to fix Superman, but the CGI mustache lip and corny dialogue were too much. Snyder himself doesnt seem to grasp the nature of characters and wants to make everything like a Frank Miller novel. Best case scenario is if the cut does ever happen, it might make the movie like 10% better.