DC Movie Universe

devils1854

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is young but looks old? Or old but looks young? I’m trying to think of the perfect Batman.

What I’m most looking forward to is his interactions with other heroes. I want that tired, restless and misanthropic Batman who just resents all these people that he needs, whose minds in so much as deductive reasoning and logic aren’t up to par with his, but whose physical abilities far surpass his own and even that of his monetary powers.

He has to be the smartest person in the room, yet also be able to pull off the aloof, disinterested rich trust fund loser.

I still keep coming back to Wyatt Russell. The way he channeled his father in Overlord has me convinced he’s capable of more than just a nostalgia act.

He also has that puppy dog persona ability that I think would work well with public Bruce Wayne, yet the edge to pull off Alfred Bruce.

Kurt Russell was in the running to play Batman at one point in his career, and I’ve never been able to not imagine that. He would have been a perfect Bruce, and if he channeled his RJ MacReady, a perfect Batman.

And if you think I’m joking with this next part I’m not… Wyatt Russell jaw acts. Acts with his jaw. Watch Overlord and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

He’s 36. Young enough to play an early Bruce Wayne, but old enough to pull off the later grizzled, experienced Batman.

Not quite a star, but pedigree and might be willing to sign a long term deal. He will never be an action star or be able to carry a franchise on his own prowess, but in a role as big as Batman, he is my official vote.

It will never be him so if you hate it calm down.

Honestly, I can see it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Gunn and Safran are cutting everyone out. Starting from scratch is the right decision long-term.

You gotta think this will hurt the box office for their 3 movies next year though.

Which is funny because apparently all of them are supposed to be pretty good. Too little too late.

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Which is funny because apparently all of them are supposed to be pretty good. Too little too late.

I mean....pretty good by what standards, though?      

Flash was basically going to do a soft reset of the DCEU, even though some of the rumored ideas within sound terrible.

Aquaman....meh.    Ignoring the Amber Heard stuff, the 1st one was just okay and while I like Mamoa, I wasnt a huge fan of his portrayal of Aquaman. 

Shazam is was solid, but its largely a forgettable character, especially since he is essentially just a magical, more comical Superman.

Even with Gunn, I have little faith the new DCEU is going to get it right....but as @seminoles1stated, its the right decision to start over.      The only reason I KIND OF hoped they would try to salvage with old universe is because of Henry Cavill...but since the nails are now in that coffin, I am looking forward to seeing how they move forward.

55 minutes ago, 43M said:

I mean....pretty good by what standards, though?      

Flash was basically going to do a soft reset of the DCEU, even though some of the rumored ideas within sound terrible.

Aquaman....meh.    Ignoring the Amber Heard stuff, the 1st one was just okay and while I like Mamoa, I wasnt a huge fan of his portrayal of Aquaman. 

Shazam is was solid, but its largely a forgettable character, especially since he is essentially just a magical, more comical Superman.

Even with Gunn, I have little faith the new DCEU is going to get it right....but as @seminoles1stated, its the right decision to start over.      The only reason I KIND OF hoped they would try to salvage with old universe is because of Henry Cavill...but since the nails are now in that coffin, I am looking forward to seeing how they move forward.

By all accounts everyone in the know has said the reception to them has been overwhelmingly positive. But yes, I agree they made the right call going hard reboot.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

By all accounts everyone in the know has said the reception to them has been overwhelmingly positive. But yes, I agree they made the right call going hard reboot.

Hadnt heard that, but Im pretty sure they were saying test screenings for Batman v Superman were getting standing ovations, so take it how you will. 

In the end, they completely botched everything with the old DCEU.    Guess thats what happens when you dont have a plan for the direction of your connected universe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm just going to wait until Gunn and Safran announce stuff. Now he's refuting that anyone but Cavill has been shown the door.

No more speculation from me.

It would be beyond dumb to kick Cavill to the curb only to bring back others. Especially if it is only because he wants to write a young Superman. If he doesn't commit to a hard reboot now it's already DOA.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It would be beyond dumb to kick Cavill to the curb only to bring back others. Especially if it is only because he wants to write a young Superman. If he doesn't commit to a hard reboot now it's already DOA.

Well after that Dwayne Johnson said they aren't moving forward with Black Adam either.

Still most likely a hard reboot, but I'm gonna stop following rumors.