DC Movie Universe

devils1854

As far as this news for the DC universe going forward, sounds like a full reboot coming which I think is needed.  I thought all of the movies were crap other than the first Wonder Woman which was good, and MOS and Aquaman were average.  The rest were just garbage so good riddance. 

If they make Superman so young that he isn't really a big player for a few movies that could work on nerfing him early on. I'm not really sure that works for a stand alone movie though, unless you shoehorn him into some collaborate movies like Spiderman was early on for the MCU. 

The casting they need to nail is Batman.  Screw up Batman and this is DOA. 

I was one of DC’s biggest detractors over the years so I’m the only person not emotional about Cavill moving on but I feel like it defeats the purpose of rebooting a stagnant DCU if you’re going to keep the old pieces, even if he was one of the few things that worked. Over the years I’ve really only gotten excited about new Batman movies because they’re pretty consistently good. I’m interested to see what Gunn can do with a totally clean slate. 

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Bring Cavill over to the MCU now 

I’m sure that talk will heat up

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Please no.   

Id like to see him in better roles than the new watered down MCU can offer.  Unless its Wolverine....I could probably get on board with that.   Just not some poorly done throwaway role like Bale got.

if they do it it’s gotta be a hero and preferably not any of the supe clone characters. 

Captain Britain, Cyclops, Nova, plenty of dudes coming up.

If I were Gunn I would call off every film project and spend the next 2-4 years recharging DC's creative batteries. The superhero film genre is completely oversaturated right now. Nobody can miss them if they don't go away.

But that's because I care more about telling good stories than raking in the bucks. James Gunn and his colleagues may feel differently.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Time to fantasy cast the new trinity I suppose

Superman needs to be a lesser known actor IMO.    It would be great if they could pull off a Smallville type casting.   Tom Welling was not an actor before Smallville, and I feel like he couldve been a good big screen Superman if he had been given the chance.   Pair him with a well known actor as Lex Luthor and another fun villain and it could work well.

Batman should probably be someone relatively famous.    You need some star power in the trinity.  Not necessarily an A Lister, but well known.

Wonder Woman could go either way.   Just get a solid actress with the right look.

12 hours ago, 43M said:

I am extremely saddened that WB absolutely destroyed Henry Cavill's time as Superman, and we won't be seeing it again.

On the flip side, I am pretty sure this DOES likely mean the DCEU is being completely rebooted.

Im just hesitant to believe they can find anyone on par with Cavill.   I really hope they do, though.

And I really hope Pattinson isn't part of the new DCEU.    Im sorry, I just dont think Ill ever buy him as Bruce Wayne.    

Keep him in his own universe, and make a big budget HBO Batman show with a new Batman who is part of the new DCEU.   If it becomes a hit, make a feature film with that Batman too.    Its a popular enough character to have two concurrent Batmans.   That way you can PROPERLY exoplore the Batman mythos, instead of several 2 hour windows where you cant even really scratch the surface.

Doubt it happens, but Ill never stop pushing for a big budget Batman show.

Agreed with all of this. There's plenty of room for a DCEU with all of the superheroes and then a Batman-CU which dives deep on all of the characters (which would only have to be a few movies and maybe a side show or two). 

7 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

If I were Gunn I would call off every film project and spend the next 2-4 years recharging DC's creative batteries. The superhero film genre is completely oversaturated right now. Nobody can miss them if they don't go away.

But that's because I care more about telling good stories than raking in the bucks. James Gunn and his colleagues may feel differently.

I actually disagree. Marvel fatigue is hitting right now and I think introducing the more adult superhero movies/shows  would give them something fresh for audiences to get into and give them the edge. Waiting for Marvel to ramp up again would be a death sentence. 

They should throw in an Easter Egg of the Wayne murders during the Superman movie. More than an Easter Egg. It should be an actual scene and piece of journalism that gets Clark interested in journalism. Also should move him out of print news. 

Then the Batman movie should start in the immediate aftermath of their death.

Batman you can’t really **** up too badly. This Superman movie will make or break the DCU.