DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 12/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, 43M said:

Marvel games weren't connected to MCU.

I assumed you were talking about everything being disconnected, including the shows and movies. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know why some of you are upset with the connection angle. It’s going to mean Batman will be in like 20 movies.

Batman is their most important casting decision and I’m glad we’ll be done with Pattinson.

That’s one of the things that it sounds like isn’t being touched. Reeves franchise is already a popular money maker, so you probably want to get your hopes up about something else. 

34 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I assumed you were talking about everything being disconnected, including the shows and movies. 

That’s one of the things that it sounds like isn’t being touched. Reeves franchise is already a popular money maker, so you probably want to get your hopes up about something else. 

Dude didn’t say there won’t be 4 Batmans for no reason.

If it’s all connected as they’ve said, they’re not building the world around that Batman.

46 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

No, I already said earlier a connected universe is confirmed and necessary to develop lesser known characters for future projects.

I just dont want games connected to the universe....at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If it’s all connected as they’ve said, they’re not building the world around that Batman.

He didnt say there would only be 1, either.

I dont know what will happen, but I think Joker and Reeves Batman will continue.    If they dont, Im fine with that....but even if Gunn doesnt want it, I think the studio would force it.

12 minutes ago, Acgott said:

IF that's the case, then it needs to be after Reeves completes his trilogy. Let's be real, the DCU is nowhere near 'ready'. Let the current slate finish out over the next 2-3 years, and then start putting everything together. By then the Reeves trilogy will be nearing its end and he can make the jump to an expanded universe.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Spoke too soon? ^^^^

For the record, I think it would be a bad move to try to fit Reeve's universe into theirs. But they arent going to bulldoze that franchise either. They are already moving ahead with 2 connected HBO shows, the sequel is in development, and its likely to be a trilogy (atleast) with a handful of spin off shows/seasons from it. They should treat that as its own little Bat-verse. I still think they all believe too little in the viewing public, if you do it correctly, they will all be fine with multiple Batman's going on up on the big screen.

But lets also take a step back, Gunn and Safran's vision still isnt a complete 'go', they are still pitching it all to WB. So if WB has ZERO notes for them (unlikely), and they get the go ahead Jan 1 2023, its still a stretch to think they will have much produced (if anything at all) before The Batman sequel hits theatres. So to think they are going to scrap an already established cash cow is beyond unlikely. They are only pitching scrapping the rest due to it not working. And regardless of your personal opinion on Pattenson and Reeves, for the general public it works and works big time.

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

IF that's the case, then it needs to be after Reeves completes his trilogy. Let's be real, the DCU is nowhere near 'ready'. Let the current slate finish out over the next 2-3 years, and then start putting everything together. By then the Reeves trilogy will be nearing its end and he can make the jump to an expanded universe.

I completely agree with you, IF thats the case. But then we also run into the same issue of the Snyder-verse, an Old/Aging Batman who limits your stories. And thats only if you can even convince Pattinson to continue as Batman after he's separated from Reeves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Spoke too soon? ^^^^

For the record, I think it would be a bad move to try to fit Reeve's universe into theirs. But they arent going to bulldoze that franchise either. They are already moving ahead with 2 connected HBO shows, the sequel is in development, and its likely to be a trilogy (atleast) with a handful of spin off shows/seasons from it. They should treat that as its own little Bat-verse. I still think they all believe too little in the viewing public, if you do it correctly, they will all be fine with multiple Batman's going on up on the big screen.

But lets also take a step back, Gunn and Safran's vision still isnt a complete 'go', they are still pitching it all to WB. So if WB has ZERO notes for them (unlikely), and they get the go ahead Jan 1 2023, its still a stretch to think they will have much produced (if anything at all) before The Batman sequel hits theatres. So to think they are going to scrap an already established cash cow is beyond unlikely. They are only pitching scrapping the rest due to it not working. And regardless of your personal opinion on Pattenson and Reeves, for the general public it works and works big time.

The article literally states they’re exploring the possibility of it. That’s literally a way of saying they weren’t planning on it, but it’s possible.

I’m not about to get into an argument about it. One of us is right, one is wrong. But don’t go on this notion of cash cow. Every single Batman movie has been a financial success. Reeves’ Batman is not the cash cow. Batman is the cash cow.