Love and Thunder
Eternals
No Way Home

Stack up to:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger

to me that answer is yes. Both sets have strong examples (Iron Man, No Way Home, Shang-Chi). Both sets have mid examples (First Avenger, Black Widow). Both sets have not so good examples (Hulk, Thor, Eternals). 

Obviously its a matter of preference, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

I get that Hulk and Thor weren't exactly great movies, but they did a great job establishing those characters going forward.    Iron Man and First Avenger were on a completely different level in regards to setting up the future than any recent MCU film.

Black Widow was 5 years too late, and a post mortem movie of a dead character with no future in the MCU.

Shang Chi was solid, but IMO, both a forgettable character and movie.   Nothing that excited me going forward.

Multiverse of Madness was a huge missed opportunity IMO.  Expected so much more.

Love and Thunder was a complete mess and IMO exposed Waititi's limitations as a storyteller.

Eternals was extremely bloated and convoluted with awful character development.   Should've been a Disney+ series to flesh it out.

No Way Home is the only one that came close since it set up the multuverse stuff, but Spider-Man was already a well established character.

If you enjoyed it, I completely respect that, but I think the only thing that has a chance of getting interest in the MCU back to pre Endgame levels is the XMen....pending they are done right, which I question.

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So for me, the question is do these movies:

Black Widow
Shang-Chi
Multiverse of Madness
Love and Thunder
Eternals
No Way Home

Stack up to:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger

to me that answer is yes. Both sets have strong examples (Iron Man, No Way Home, Shang-Chi). Both sets have mid examples (First Avenger, Black Widow). Both sets have not so good examples (Hulk, Thor, Eternals). 

It's not that simple. There is also the saturation of the product. Ignoring the Disney+ series, which have largely been mediocre and only worsened the problem, that's still six movies that came out in essentially 12 months. Those four phase one movies (and Iron Man 2) came out over the span of 3 years and 2 months. At this point more entries are hurting the brand than helping, and that was not the case in Phase One.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

It's not that simple. There is also the saturation of the product. Ignoring the Disney+ series, which have largely been mediocre and only worsened the problem, that's still six movies that came out in essentially 12 months. Those four phase one movies (and Iron Man 2) came out over the span of 3 years and 2 months. At this point more entries are hurting the brand than helping, and that was not the case in Phase One.

Has the disney+ really been the culprit? That’s been some of their best stuff since endgame.

Looking at the two lists the movies have disappointed a lot more.

Aside from Shang-chi, and No Way Home on a fan service level…they’ve all missed the bar set. Which I think it’s clear why those two directors, until Watts decide to bow out, were being brought back.

Hoping this next slate that is free of the shadow of COVID and returning a bit to the core can get back.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Has the disney+ really been the culprit? That’s been some of their best stuff since endgame.

Looking at the two lists the movies have disappointed a lot more.

Aside from Shang-chi, and No Way Home on a fan service level…they’ve all missed the bar set. Which I think it’s clear why those two directors, until Watts decide to bow out, were being brought back.

Hoping this next slate that is free of the shadow of COVID and returning a bit to the core can get back.

The movies have definitely been worse. The series have not helped

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Big time pass on the chick from the 100 being WW

I like Marie, and she was awesome as Octavia, but she's 36 now, pretty small, and not a franchise carrying talent. It's too late for her. Lauren LaVera would be better.

Edited by Bullet Club

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Wonder Woman - Alexandra Daddario

as much as I... um... like Daddario, I really don't think she is a very good actress. Her White Lotus role was probably her best and her ****ty acting actually lended itself to her clueless submissive newly wed role. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

as much as I... um... like Daddario, I really don't think she is a very good actress. Her White Lotus role was probably her best and her ****ty acting actually lended itself to her clueless submissive newly wed role. 

Better than Gadot I think right?