DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 8/18/2022 at 6:41 AM, THE DUKE said:

The latest Fantastic Beasts movie drastically underperformed. I doubt that had much to do with Ezra Miller though, but that is something that is pretty much impossible to quantify.

yeah there were too many issues going in to that to really. Depp getting canned from it and Ezra probably weren't the larger issues holding it back.

Those being the backlash to JK (not as big as people would think, like with all of this most people don't keep track of this stuff), and largest being the second one sucked.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Everyone knew the Fantastic Beast movies were ISH before Ezra went bananas 

The first one had a lot of heart but the second one sucks, and killed all hype for anything following it.

• Like 1

Just now, Bullet Club said:

The first one had a lot of heart but the second one sucks, and killed all hype for anything following it.

The first one suffered from executive interference. Originally it was a fun romp about finding the beasts that escaped but execs wanted a new series so they shoehorned in all the grindelwald stuff and it was OBVIOUS what was pushed in and what the original movie was. Sure, the original content had heart like you said, but I knew then that they would never capture that. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

The first one suffered from executive interference. Originally it was a fun romp about finding the beasts that escaped but execs wanted a new series so they shoehorned in all the grindelwald stuff and it was OBVIOUS what was pushed in and what the original movie was. Sure, the original content had heart like you said, but I knew then that they would never capture that. 

Agreed

I've said it a few times (as have countless others), but those should have been two different franchises. A two movie Fantastic Beasts series and a trilogy about Dumbledore and Grindelwald. Combining them just muddied everything.

Also, unpopular opinion, but Depp was a better Grindelwald than Mikkelson. Colin was the best, though.

• Like 1

It just came to my attention that The Flash movie will be sandwiched in between Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Indiana Jones 5 and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-verse. These are all the June 2023 movies it'll be competing with along with a $200+ mil budget and having tons of highly-negative controversy surrounding its star. 

I doubt it'll break even.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, seminoles1 said:

I've said it a few times (as have countless others), but those should have been two different franchises. A two movie Fantastic Beasts series and a trilogy about Dumbledore and Grindelwald. Combining them just muddied everything.

Also, unpopular opinion, but Depp was a better Grindelwald than Mikkelson. Colin was the best, though.

Yeah, and really it would've been fine if 1 was just a shadow intro for a Grindelwald/Dumbeldore trilogy.
Then the FB films could've been a little more fun, like pre-graveyard Goblet of Fire. And continued to show off parts of the Wizarding world. Showing off Germany in this last one was one of my favorite things in it.

I liked all of their takes, they all fit what their movies called for. It was a shame tat it couldn't have just been Colin throughout.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

looks like The Batman franchise is safe

The talk that it wasn't was always nonsense. The 'rumor' was they were going to phase out Reeves Batman...after the trilogy ended. It was stupid.

• Like 1