DC Movie Universe

devils1854

4 hours ago, Acgott said:

That flash movie is never releasing and Ezra needs major help. In case anyone thought otherwise 

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Disclaimer:   Not laughing at the situation of a clearly unstable individual, but rather WB and their utter refusal to move on from Heard and Miller long before their movies were made....and what it will now cost them.

Seriously....how do they not completely shelve or do massive reshoots of Flash?    I mean....can they still actually release this movie with him as the face of it?  

Edited by 43M

9 hours ago, 43M said:

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Disclaimer:   Not laughing at the situation of a clearly unstable individual, but rather WB and their utter refusal to move on from Heard and Miller long before their movies were made....and what it will now cost them.

Seriously....how do they not completely shelve or do massive reshoots of Flash?    I mean....can they still actually release this movie with him as the face of it?  

And what will it take for WB to come out and condemn his actions via issued statement? Their continued radio silence is a bad look for WB, it makes them look complicit in everything he's done and continues to do, especially since they, for all intents and purposes, enabled the guy after he chokeslammed that woman.

Yes, I can say that because you gotta understand he's not just any regular old employee, he farging represents the company (!) every new time he gets in trouble with the law. When you star in a tentpole from a major movie studio, you carry that burden and vice versa. Don't anybody tell me this won't reflect badly on WB as a company because Netflix got a lot of shyt just for starring a guy who creeped on underage girls in Army of the Dead. They deepfaked him out and that movie wasn't by any means cheap. That's apples and oranges compared to what WB faces with this.

I honestly don't know how they can even release the film now (and judging by spoilers, maybe it's best that they don't, anyway), they're looking at a Pandora's Box situation at this point. If they release the movie with him as the star, it'll make the Slender Man controversy look tame and their image (and, by extension, potentially future film earnings) will forever be in the shytter along with these two a**holes'. The bed doesn't count (see what I did there?).

But yet, judging by Zaslav's recent comments, that's exactly what they plan to do, which shows they haven't learned from the old regime at all. The new management doesn't matter, they're continuing to dump gasoline on that burning bed the old WB guys made for them and, by God, it looks like they're ready to lie in it. Don't believe me?:

Despicable.

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

And what will it take for WB to come out and condemn his actions via issued statement? Their continued radio silence is a bad look for WB, it makes them look complicit in everything he's done and continues to do, especially since they, for all intents and purposes, enabled the guy after he chokeslammed that woman.

Yes, I can say that because you gotta understand he's not just any regular old employee, he farging represents the company (!) every new time he gets in trouble with the law. When you star in a tentpole from a major movie studio, you carry that burden and vice versa. Don't anybody tell me this won't reflect badly on WB as a company because Netflix got a lot of shyt just for starring a guy who creeped on underage girls in Army of the Dead. They deepfaked him out and that movie wasn't by any means cheap. That's apples and oranges compared to what WB faces with this.

I honestly don't know how they can even release the film now (and judging by spoilers, maybe it's best that they don't, anyway), they're looking at a Pandora's Box situation at this point. If they release the movie with him as the star, it'll make the Slender Man controversy look tame and their image (and, by extension, potentially future film earnings) will forever be in the shytter along with these two a**holes'. The bed doesn't count (see what I did there?).

But yet, judging by Zaslav's recent comments, that's exactly what they plan to do, which shows they haven't learned from the old regime at all. The new management doesn't matter, they're continuing to dump gasoline on that burning bed the old WB guys made for them and, by God, it looks like they're ready to lie in it. Don't believe me?:

Despicable.

I mean, he was possibly trying to be optimistic and hoping things might blow over by the time they release it....but I have a feeling they are going to continue making laughably bad decisions.

At this rate, in a few years, WB/DC is going to be dirt cheap and Disney is going to scoop them up.   I REALLY dont want that, but it may be inevitable.

Edited by 43M

7 hours ago, 43M said:

I mean, he was possibly trying to be optimistic and hoping things might blow over by the time they release it....but I have a feeling they are going to continue making laughably bad decisions.

At this rate, in a few years, WB/DC is going to be dirt cheap and Disney is going to scoop them up.   I REALLY dont want that, but it may be inevitable.

Not sure they'd be able to. Surely at some point monopoly laws come into place, right? 

16 hours ago, 43M said:

I do think they could be bought, but not by Disney. They’d really be crossing certain thresholds there. Could totally happen, depends a lot of politics.

My guess for awhile has been Microsoft is going to make a play for one of these companies. They are ungodly rich and have so much cash flow they literally have to make up reasons to use by the end of each year. Film and Shows are some of the easier things to put that into.

Around the time of the Netflix drop it was a popular speculation that would be the one, but personally I think WB-Discovery would make way more sense.

• You’re getting way more content and known IP.
  • What was considered one of the better streaming platform in HBO max (remains to be seen what’s happening there).
  • Pluses for their other endeavors, namely Xbox. Who would not only get 7ish studios to feed the gamepass machine, but would get a new influx of IP they done need to license. DC Harry Potter, partly LotR, Lego games, like the vast majority of animation from the old school  properties to Adult Swim, and others. Having like 40+ studios gives you a lot of areas to pick from. And conversely gives those platforms more IP to develop content from (which seems to be the way things are increasingly going). 

Work has kept up on The Flash, which has been testing well. Miller participated in regularly scheduled additional photography over the summer, apparently without incident, before being charged with burglary — their third arrest this year — on Aug. 7 in Vermont. Still, neither DC nor Zaslav has indicated the film will move from its June 2023 release date, though insiders say the studio is evaluating all options.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/batgirl-cancellation-upcoming-dc-movies-1235196017/

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Work has kept up on The Flash, which has been testing well. Miller participated in regularly scheduled additional photography over the summer, apparently without incident, before being charged with burglary — their third arrest this year — on Aug. 7 in Vermont. Still, neither DC nor Zaslav has indicated the film will move from its June 2023 release date, though insiders say the studio is evaluating all options.

Like I said, new management, same old incompetent hacks.

• Like 1