DC Movie Universe

devils1854

Let’s be real - WB is going to try to rehab Millers image with the movie in the can and so much pivotal character / arc movement likely invested, not to mention the $.  

Expect a full court press PR campaign on his mental illness, contrition and ongoing rehab.   I feel badly for all those with mental illness - while I have no doubt it could have played a role you can’t blame all of the train wreck episodes on this alone.   

• Like 1

Cinema Shogun summed up my thoughts better than I could in this latest video:

I even heard it was a WB PR guy who wrote the apology in his name. 

I still won't be (paying) to see this, and the public WILL know about it once the MSM starts waging the hit pieces, and they will when WB starts marketing the movie with him in it. Don't think they won't get eaten alive in the media for essentially promoting this guy as the face of their big DCEU movie. It's gonna be worse than the Slender Man controversy.

Edited by KManX89

7 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Cinema Shogun summed up my thoughts better than I could in this latest video:

I even heard it was a WB PR guy who wrote the apology in his name. 

I still won't be (paying) to see this, and the public WILL know about it once the MSM starts waging the hit pieces, and they will when WB starts marketing the movie with him in it. Don't think they won't get eaten alive in the media for essentially promoting this guy as the face of their big DCEU movie. It's gonna be worse than the Slender Man controversy.

This psycho goes on a criminal rampage, and all he has to do is apologize, and the millions keep coming in?   Wish things were that easy for us commoners.  

Anyway...one thing they have going for them is that alot of people dont really know who Ezra Miller is.   He isnt exactly high profile.    Sure, this stuff will make him more infamous, but its not like a super well known, A-list actor that would be all over the place.      

I guarantee the new trailer, whenever is drops, is going to heavily showcase other characters, like whatever versions of Batman, Superman, etc....are in the movie, as a way to boost excitement.

I dont think most of the normal movie going crowd will refrain from seeing this simply because he is in it...either because they dont know who he is or they dont really care.        

That being said, Im not saying the movie will be a huge hit either...but I think that will mainly be because DC is largely damaged goods and many have given up on it.

Still, as much as Id love to see it happen, I dont think this movie is going to COMPLETELY flop.     At the very least, it should make back 3/4 of its money....which is better than the loss they are taking on Batgirl.

Edited by 43M

12 hours ago, 43M said:

This psycho goes on a criminal rampage, and all he has to do is apologize, and the millions keep coming in?   Wish things were that easy for us commoners.  

Anyway...one thing they have going for them is that alot of people dont really know who Ezra Miller is.   He isnt exactly high profile.    Sure, this stuff will make him more infamous, but its not like a super well known, A-list actor that would be all over the place.      

I guarantee the new trailer, whenever is drops, is going to heavily showcase other characters, like whatever versions of Batman, Superman, etc....are in the movie, as a way to boost excitement.

I dont think most of the normal movie going crowd will refrain from seeing this simply because he is in it...either because they dont know who he is or they dont really care.        

That being said, Im not saying the movie will be a huge hit either...but I think that will mainly be because DC is largely damaged goods and many have given up on it.

Still, as much as Id love to see it happen, I dont think this movie is going to COMPLETELY flop.     At the very least, it should make back 3/4 of its money....which is better than the loss they are taking on Batgirl.

Except he's the titular star of the movie and is in practically every scene. Kinda hard not to show him in marketing. When that happens, the media will harp on it because they love their drama/hit pieces and the pubic will know WBD made a serial assaulter, groomer, kidnapper, cultist, etc. of women the star of a major DCEU movie and they will get backlash and lost ticket sales for it.

Hell, it already happened:

I hope it bombs, and I think it will. I also seriously doubt Ezra will stay out of the news between now and then, which is funny if you really think about it. If you, I or anybody on these forums did a fraction of what Ezra did, we'd be looking at 10-15+ years in the slammer, but Ezra with his privilege and WB enabling him can chokeslam women on camera, throw chairs in women's faces, cause so much disruption on the set of The Stand by being a bombastic lunatic to the point a legal counselor has to be called in, have the police called on him 10 times, spit at a man throwing darts, threaten and steal from a live-in couple, groom 12-year-olds, run from the police with them, supposedly diddle them when they were 12 (!), start cults, hold families hostage with guns and drugs everywhere and a 1-year-old with a bullet in his mouth and so on (and I'm probably forgetting some) and not only not get fired, but not face any real legal consequences for ANY of this shyt. Unreal.

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Except he's the titular star of the movie and is in practically every scene. Kinda hard not to show him in marketing. When that happens, the media will harp on it because they love their drama/hit pieces and the pubic will know WBD made a serial assaulter, groomer, kidnapper, cultist, etc. of women the star of a major DCEU movie and they will get backlash and lost ticket sales for it.

I hope it bombs, and I think it will. I also seriously doubt Ezra will stay out of the news between now and then, which is funny if you really think about it. If you, I or anybody on these forums did a fraction of what Ezra did, we'd be looking at 10-15+ years in the slammer, but Ezra with his LGBTQ privilege and WB enabling him can chokeslam women on camera, throw chairs in women's faces, cause so much disruption on the set of The Stand by being a bombastic lunatic to the point a legal counselor has to be called in, have the police called on him 10 times, spit at a man throwing darts, threaten and steal from a live-in couple, groom 12-year-olds, run from the police with them, supposedly diddle them when they were 12 (!), start cults, hold families hostage with guns and drugs everywhere and a 1-year-old with a bullet in his mouth and so on (and I'm probably forgetting some) and not only not get fired, but not face any real legal consequences for ANY of this shyt. Unreal.

I don't know about unreal.  Seems like the very thing this forum exploded on a week or two ago about a certain recently traded QB.  Privilege at its finest, and it happens so much I feel like people are starting to become desensitized to it.  The rest of us would disappear for decades in a hole so deep it would sunlight a week to reach us..

Edited by INbengalfan

6 hours ago, 43M said:

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I hope it bombs, and I think it will. I also seriously doubt Ezra will stay out of the news between now and then, which is funny if you really think about it. If you, I or anybody on these forums did a fraction of what Ezra did, we'd be looking at 10-15+ years in the slammer, but Ezra with his LGBTQ privilege and WB enabling him can chokeslam women on camera, throw chairs in women's faces, cause so much disruption on the set of The Stand by being a bombastic lunatic to the point a legal counselor has to be called in, have the police called on him 10 times, spit at a man throwing darts, threaten and steal from a live-in couple, groom 12-year-olds, run from the police with them, supposedly diddle them when they were 12 (!), start cults, hold families hostage with guns and drugs everywhere and a 1-year-old with a bullet in his mouth and so on (and I'm probably forgetting some) and not only not get fired, but not face any real legal consequences for ANY of this shyt. Unreal.

11 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I don't know about unreal.  Seems like the very thing this forum exploded on a week or two ago about a certain recently traded QB.  Privilege at its finest, and it happens so much I feel like people are starting to become desensitized to it.  The rest of us would disappear for decades in a hole so deep it would sunlight a week to reach us..

I think WB could market this like how Civil War got marketed - we knew it was going to be a battle of all the MCU heroes pitted on 2 sides.  So that was much bigger than just Cap.    Could easily see the same here with lots of promo time given to other DC characters.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I think WB could market this like how Civil War got marketed - we knew it was going to be a battle of all the MCU heroes pitted on 2 sides.  So that was much bigger than just Cap.    Could easily see the same here with lots of promo time given to other DC characters.  

Difference is, Civil War was designed to be a teamup movie from the get go, with planned major roles for many of the characters....whereas this movie is primarily about the Flash, with mostly cameos and reportedly major roles for a completely unknown Supergirl and Keatons Batman....but in the end, it was always intended to be a Flash movie.

I dont even disagree with you.    I do think they will focus alot the marketing on other characters/actors, which I do think will help them sell more tickets, but its merely a marketing ploy, as opposed to Civil War which actually had extended screen time and roles for most of the characters in the movie.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 43M said:

Difference is, Civil War was designed to be a teamup movie from the get go, with planned major roles for many of the characters....whereas this movie is primarily about the Flash, with mostly cameos and reportedly major roles for a completely unknown Supergirl and Keatons Batman....but in the end, it was always intended to be a Flash movie.

I dont even disagree with you.    I do think they will focus alot the marketing on other characters/actors, which I do think will help them sell more tickets, but its merely a marketing ploy, as opposed to Civil War which actually had extended screen time and roles for most of the characters in the movie.

No argument agree 100 percent 2 diff movies stylistically and focus/character wise but: 

1.  It’s WB their ability to think viewers are the stupidest ppl alive cannot be underestimated. 

2.  Going with misleading trailers is far from unheard of.  

3.  See #1 

4.  See #3. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

yeah I suppose relative to the population it's not a ton of people, but we constantly see if you have money your life is different, rules are different. Doesn't really matter much beyond that. Both situations referenced would land both people in jail for awhile if they were a person living down the block from you making a 5 figure salary.

It does seem like Ezra has something mentally going on, it's severely erratic behavior. And I hope they can work on that and get the help they need. But I don't think it absolves them from what was done though.

As for the marketing they'll probably use a lot of set pieces like they always do where the flash is asked anyway, could see them digitally adding a mark in too if they are trying to limit face time. A lot of the surprise cameos will probably be used to sell it.

10 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I hope it bombs, and I think it will. I also seriously doubt Ezra will stay out of the news between now and then,

again, I know its not apples to apples, but Ezra got arrested the day before the London premier of the latest Fantastic Beasts movie, didnt put a dent into that films box office.

The majority of film going audience just doesnt care, and thats the reality of how celebrities keep getting away with it.  People just want their entertainment.

11 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

again, I know its not apples to apples, but Ezra got arrested the day before the London premier of the latest Fantastic Beasts movie, didnt put a dent into that films box office.

The majority of film going audience just doesnt care, and thats the reality of how celebrities keep getting away with it.  People just want their entertainment.

I agree with your general argument, but it didnt even crack $100m domestically, and made 250m less than the previous movie...by far the least in the Potterverse.   

And unlike Flash....Ezra Miller wasnt literally THE face of Fantastic Beasts.

I agree most people arent going to care if the movie looks entertaining....but the bad PR surrounding the overall DCEU and the mediocrity of the brand is going to lose it a couple hundred million that it might have otherwise made.