DC Movie Universe

devils1854

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I completely agree with you, IF thats the case. But then we also run into the same issue of the Snyder-verse, an Old/Aging Batman who limits your stories. And thats only if you can even convince Pattinson to continue as Batman after he's separated from Reeves.

I'd argue the difference is we'll have a reason to care about an older Batman this time around because we'll have actually seen his younger years, stories and growth. We wouldn't be starting off by calling him old. In The Batman, he's literally a novice. I also don't think DCU is going to have a 20 year stretch like the MCU will. If they get ten years of connected storytelling, and start it in a few years, Pattinson at the end of it would be roughly Affleck's age now. Also, I think an older Batman limits his stories (which will have been completed well before he's old) moreso than Justice League ones.

Also nobody is addressing the coach speak element. Those are the things you say when you’re about to fire someone at the end of the season.

It’s the same playbook as a new GM. Say you love the coach (and you might), but at the same time this is your baby and you’re gonna do what you want to do.

You gut the roster (Wonder Woman, Aquaman), keep the coach, have a competent roster for the first year so you don’t embarrass yourself, then you blow it all up and start over.

The HBO series, The Batman sequel… They’re already invested. As soon as they’re not invested, that’s when you get your new Batman.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The HBO series, The Batman sequel… They’re already invested. As soon as they’re not invested, that’s when you get your new Batman.

Right. However, they are invested in the series and sequel now so they will happen. At that point, considering Reeves never makes bad movies, I assume they'll be just as invested in completing the trilogy. After that? Who knows.

Edited by Bullet Club

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

From a fan standpoint, the best part of James Gunn is that he's chronically online

From a studio standpoint, the worst part of James Gunn is that he's chronically online

Its seems pretty obvious here that the sources are from the Studio side, not from Gunn's side. And like I said earlier, Gunn & Safran's plan has not yet been approved, they still have to pitch it to the Studio, and there will be notes, Id imagine the very successful Batman Franchise and those long term contracts connected to it will be quite a large one.

So far James Gunn and I agree.

A lot of this stuff they’re just hiding their time on.

They don’t want to burn bridges when they can avoid it, but you’re all out of your mind if you think this entire thing isn’t because they know they have to start all over.

Like from scratch.

They tried the messy way and they saw that people are watching junk on Disney+ just because of the interconnection.

Superhero movies are not going back to one offs and sequels again.

An interconnected universe that hits is too lucrative to pass up. They won’t do it.

Just like I said we’d get here, we’re getting here.

33 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So far James Gunn and I agree.

A lot of this stuff they’re just hiding their time on.

They don’t want to burn bridges when they can avoid it, but you’re all out of your mind if you think this entire thing isn’t because they know they have to start all over.

Like from scratch.

They tried the messy way and they saw that people are watching junk on Disney+ just because of the interconnection.

Superhero movies are not going back to one offs and sequels again.

An interconnected universe that hits is too lucrative to pass up. They won’t do it.

Just like I said we’d get here, we’re getting here.

Let's say they cancel everything and start over.

Who would be your Justice League (characters, not actors)?

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Let's say they cancel everything and start over.

Who would be your Justice League (characters, not actors)?

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman would have to be locks.

I’d have personally include Martian Manhunter since he’s always been a favorite of mine.

The Flash and Green Arrow.

Green Lantern post credits scene.

• Like 1