DC Movie Universe

devils1854

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd do that too but swap Hawkgirl for Zatanna.

Thats not a bad idea (you dont bring Hawkgirl without Hawkman, I wouldnt think)

But I think the team depends on a few things; Do you jump into Justice League first? Or do you go with new intro films? And sort of related, where does Blue Beetle fall in this whole plan? Gunn shared that poster, and its one of Safran's projects. Does that mean its the official start of the new Universe? Or will it just be kind of a one off?

The Trinity is obvious, but then its kind of more about what story/threat youre going to use.

• If we have more of a galactic force, then Martian Manhunter is a must. (should probably be involved regardless)
  • But if we see anything less than some sort of alien army to fight off, then getting Green Arrow and Black Canary involved could be fun. Having them as the street level/spy arm would make sense
  • Ive always been partial to Atom, because it gives you a genius level member that you dont have to force onto Bruce Wayne.
  • But if Jaime Reyes is involved, you could pull in Ted Kord for that slot instead (Years of effects from the Beetle, no longer allow him to suit up as the Blue Beetle, so he and Jaime are a team after his movie, likely from a post credit scene) But Jaime also kind of takes the slot of Flash for now as well. 

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Thats not a bad idea (you dont bring Hawkgirl without Hawkman, I wouldnt think)

But I think the team depends on a few things; Do you jump into Justice League first? Or do you go with new intro films? And sort of related, where does Blue Beetle fall in this whole plan? Gunn shared that poster, and its one of Safran's projects. Does that mean its the official start of the new Universe? Or will it just be kind of a one off?

The Trinity is obvious, but then its kind of more about what story/threat youre going to use.

• If we have more of a galactic force, then Martian Manhunter is a must. (should probably be involved regardless)
  • But if we see anything less than some sort of alien army to fight off, then getting Green Arrow and Black Canary involved could be fun. Having them as the street level/spy arm would make sense
  • Ive always been partial to Atom, because it gives you a genius level member that you dont have to force onto Bruce Wayne.
  • But if Jaime Reyes is involved, you could pull in Ted Kord for that slot instead (Years of effects from the Beetle, no longer allow him to suit up as the Blue Beetle, so he and Jaime are a team after his movie, likely from a post credit scene) But Jaime also kind of takes the slot of Flash for now as well. 

Personally, I'd start over with intro films (unless some of the old characters are retained). Blue Beetle's place within the universe should be determined by how good it is/well it does next year.

I think MM is a must. He's been disrespected and put on the back burner for far too long. Same with Green Lantern. I'd introduce a character like Atom in someone's else movie and see how they're received before expanding their role. I don't think DC is in a place where they can stray far from the top guns yet. I believe Ted Kord is referenced in Blue Beetle so his fate would be tied to that. 

• Like 1

IMO, the only reason Reeves is considering trying to salvage the current DCEU is because of pending completed projects that they have potentially billions tied up in.   Flash is likely going to bomb unless there are massive reshoots, and Aquaman 2 wont do as well as the first one for one very specific reason.

As far as Pattinson, much like Bale, I dont see him wanting to commit to playing Batman for 10+ years.   I think he wants to explore other roles beyond Batman.   

Its an ugly situation, and Im not entirely confident Gunn can fix it.

I am extremely saddened that WB absolutely destroyed Henry Cavill's time as Superman, and we won't be seeing it again.

On the flip side, I am pretty sure this DOES likely mean the DCEU is being completely rebooted.

Im just hesitant to believe they can find anyone on par with Cavill.   I really hope they do, though.

And I really hope Pattinson isn't part of the new DCEU.    Im sorry, I just dont think Ill ever buy him as Bruce Wayne.    

Keep him in his own universe, and make a big budget HBO Batman show with a new Batman who is part of the new DCEU.   If it becomes a hit, make a feature film with that Batman too.    Its a popular enough character to have two concurrent Batmans.   That way you can PROPERLY exoplore the Batman mythos, instead of several 2 hour windows where you cant even really scratch the surface.

Doubt it happens, but Ill never stop pushing for a big budget Batman show.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Bring Cavill over to the MCU now 

Please no.   

Id like to see him in better roles than the new watered down MCU can offer.  Unless its Wolverine....I could probably get on board with that.   Just not some poorly done throwaway role like Bale got.

• Like 1