Falcons sign LB/Edge Lorenzo Carter

FalconFan13

I believe 3-4 OLB which is great for what we need. Hopefully he’ll make some noise and get signed long term we need a couple of wins on the FA side of things. Plus let’s be honest, the Falcons edge rush couldn’t get any worse than last year so… upgrades?

He's an EDGE guy. Really solid against the run. He's just not impactful in the pass game at all; don't let that extremely small sample size from the end of last year fool you. He's a replacement level player who is viewed more positively than replacement level players normally are because of his freakish athletic numbers he posted coming out of Georgia.

29 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He's an EDGE guy. Really solid against the run. He's just not impactful in the pass game at all; don't let that extremely small sample size from the end of last year fool you. He's a replacement level player who is viewed more positively than replacement level players normally are because of his freakish athletic numbers he posted coming out of Georgia.

And that’s still an upgrade for Atlanta’s pass rush 😂 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He can't be worse than Dante Fowler.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

And that’s still an upgrade for Atlanta’s pass rush 😂 

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He can't be worse than Dante Fowler.

I'm not saying you two aren't right, but this line of thinking is what Giants fans have been saying to each other and ourselves for like 5 years now about multiple positions and it can ALWAYS get worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm not saying you two aren't right, but this line of thinking is what Giants fans have been saying to each other and ourselves for like 5 years now about multiple positions and it can ALWAYS get worse.

I promise, it can't. Falcons set a record for being bad at pass rush last year and that's with Dean Peas scheming things up, that's another level of special right there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Fowler wasn't good against the run or the pass. Carter is at least solid enough against the run to be an improvement there and should provide at least something as a pass rusher.

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I'll put it to you like this forget about them saying Dante Fowler all he has to do is replace Steven means.   As long as he can get more than 0 sacks and 2 pressures in 14 games he is a upgrade :D   Means was our starting Edge Rusher along with fowler with those numbers.   Were not asking for much here we just want anything better at this point to get us started in the right direction lol.

23 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Yep had a perfect 10 on the RAS. He didn’t do agility drills though so that number likely would have dropped.