2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

7 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I don’t like trading Montgomery for Bader.

It's a head scratcher......I never liked Monty's stuff but had to recognize the positive stats....albeit it with frustrating starts. 

I know nothing about Bader - perhaps Mr. @CWood21 can give us the low down on what we just got. 

Odd timing as well....what with Sevy on IL and scheduled to return whenever.

Edited by Leader

13 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I don’t like trading Montgomery for Bader.

Joel Sherman -  The Yankees began today leading the majors in Defense Runs Saved. In that stat their biggest negative area was center field (minus-6). Bader won a Gold Glove in center last year.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's a head scratcher......I never liked Monty's stuff but had to recognize the positive stats....albeit it with frustrating starts. 

I know nothing about Bader - perhaps Mr. @CWood21 can give us the low down on what we just got. 

He's a solid CFer who won a Gold Glove last year.  Defensive metrics don't love him by any means, but he's anything but a liability in CF.  Last year is probably his peak performance, but you probably get a more consistency out of him.  He's a ~3 WAR CF in a normal season, and he's signed to a reasonable $5.2M next year.  Unfortunately, he's currently on the DL with a foot injury with rumors that it might be worse then the Cardinals are letting on.  Overall, I think it's a solid trade in terms of value.  You're trading a CF for a SP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's a solid CFer who won a Gold Glove last year.  Defensive metrics don't love him by any means, but he's anything but a liability in CF.  Last year is probably his peak performance, but you probably get a more consistency out of him.  He's a ~3 WAR CF in a normal season, and he's signed to a reasonable $5.2M next year.  Unfortunately, he's currently on the DL with a foot injury with rumors that it might be worse then the Cardinals are letting on.  Overall, I think it's a solid trade in terms of value.  You're trading a CF for a SP.

Thanks for that.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

His defense in Center is great. Very Fast. Hopefully he comes back healthy from his foot problems. His bat is below average, but his k% Has gone down pretty significantly over the past 2 seasons. 

I think you'll like him. 

• Like 2