Is Tyler Biadasz The Answer At Center?

the lone star

Is Tyler Biadasz The Answer At Center?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is Tyler Biadasz The Answer At Center?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I don’t think he’s ever going to be on Frederick’s level. He probably fits somewhere between above average and good. Could use an increase his strength.

That said, it wouldn’t stop me from drafting Linderbaum if the cards fell right and I don’t mean at pick 24.

Edited by WizardHawk

So these things aren't always a matter of a player being "the answer" for a decade-plus as much as making do with what you've got.

Of the non-Tyron/Martin projected OL starters, you've got 2 guys in Biasdaz and Steele who've started 20+ games for Dallas in just two years, yielding mixed results but with an upward trajectory. Then you've got McGovern, who's started 14 in three years (not sure how many of these are even at guard vs. FB?) and completely blew his chance to become full-time LG last year. Even if McGovern's status as a third rounder makes you want to give him some sort of incumbency, to not just write off his spot to a rookie... the problem is that he's going into his contract year, where Steele and Biasdaz are both under team control for at least 2 more seasons.

So we'll reassess Steele and Biasdaz's spots (and Tyron's, perhaps) in a year's time. IMO, this team just has too many holes to seriously look into replacing Biasdaz this offseason. He's fine, maybe even pretty good. A swing tackle to push Josh Ball and just provide more insurance there is a bigger concern, IMO, as well as LG obviously.

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 3

Give me your criteria for what you mean by “the answer”.

Do I think he’s our starter for the next 2 seasons? Yes, and that doesn’t stress me out to much.

Do I think he’ll take the next step and become a Pro Bowler worth extending? Maybe not. But I do think there is potential if he improves his functional strength.

I don't have much inside into him as a prospect so I'll take everyone's word for it.

If we take a center in Rd 1 and he isn't a pro bowl caliber player, I rather draft a different position.

I get hard to qualify who willl be a pro bowl player at pick 24 but centers don't typically go that high unless really high upside.

Doesnt need to be Fredbeard but if the thinking is he is replaceable or an average starter for 2 years, spend the pick elsewhere.

22 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t think he’s ever going to be on Frederick’s level. He probably fits somewhere between above average and good. Could use an increase his strength.

That said, it wouldn’t stop me from drafting Linderbaum if the cards fell right and I don’t mean at pick 24.

It's doubtful Linderbaum will be on Fredericks level.  He's not really known for his strength.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate how this forum refuses to believe an "upgrade" can be simple player growth. Even though weve seen it with Diggs and Steele just this year. 

Or that player replacements can be on the team already, like what we are seeing with Zeke/Pollard. Laroi Glover/Jay Ratliff. 

I know you dont want to baseline that for you strategy, but it happens. A lot.

• Like 1