Dan Snyder Drama thread

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

You make more money when you win. Keeping your competitors incompetent is automatically a bonus in dollars for your pockets. They won't vote Snyder out.

They share most of the revenue. Snyder and the Commanders being bad hurts them. None of this even would’ve got this far if he wasn’t costing them money. 

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

You make more money when you win. Keeping your competitors incompetent is automatically a bonus in dollars for your pockets. They won't vote Snyder out.

You make even more money when you’re selling out stadiums, and when the opposing fan base is actively not showing up, you’re not making as much money.

There’s so much more to the ownership business than wins and losses it’s not even funny. Someone like Dan is a black eye for the entire league and can torpedo a lot of large monetary gain.

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

You make even more money when you’re selling out stadiums, and when the opposing fan base is actively not showing up, you’re not making as much money.

There’s so much more to the ownership business than wins and losses it’s not even funny. Someone like Dan is a black eye for the entire league and can torpedo a lot of large monetary gain.

In the scheme of things, gate revenue is probably the last concern at this point with all of the other revenue streams right now.  However, it is an indicator of how apathetic our fan base is, which in turn, points to the other revenue streams likely being down.  

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And of course the Snyder’s already had a rebuttal. “We won’t sell” is just astounding to me. What more can you gain from this? You’re going to make a $6B profit. You don’t have the money to sign players or fund a stadium. You’re toxic and all of the fans and other owners hate you. You’ve literally destroyed one of the leagues storied franchises. Take your money and go spend the rest of your life on your yacht with your family. MOVE ON. Let the fans have this team back. 

He’s dug in and will take the NFL down with him. 

He’s got the lucky spot, because if he wasn’t in Washington crafting relationships with politicians, Snyder would be out already. 

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

On the flip side, Irsay is probably the best one to be out in front.

How do you figure?  His family removed a team from it’s city overnight, and he’s got his fair share of scandals.  Not sure this is the best guy to be trotting out there.  And from other reports since then, it seems like he did go rogue with Goodell trying to downplay things.  

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

How do you figure?  His family removed a team from it’s city overnight, and he’s got his fair share of scandals.  Not sure this is the best guy to be trotting out there.  And from other reports since then, it seems like he did go rogue with Goodell trying to downplay things.  

With Snyder's threat of exposing scandal, if you're going to trot out a guy to be the point man, you use one whose scandals are already known, dead, and buried (so to speak). It's a kinda jiu-jitsu move. Irsay can't be harmed anymore by Snyder and he can say "that wasn't me who moved the team" and "yes I had personal issues with drugs,etc... but I didn't cheat my business partners, nor did I run an organization where sexual assault was rampant, nor did I try to pimp out my cheerleaders,etc..." 

He can simply point to his scandals as personal failings rather than ones that affect a team and the NFL in general. Snyder can't do that.

And I'm willing to bet that the other owners are very glad Irsay is taking the point on this because he is almost bulletproof against Snyder right now. In movie terms he's the not-squeaky-clean anti-hero that takes on the villain.

As for Goodell, he's going to downplay things because he still works for Snyder as well. He can't take sides and he's not going to tip his hand either way regarding the discussions being had. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Stadium tickets, prices on merchandise, prices for concessions, charging us to go to the team website, we’ll have to pay for the Wi-Fi at the stadium. Bezos will nickel & dime fans worse than Snyder. He has showed he’ll do that as he’s done it with Amazon.

I am just really confused at all this hate towards Bezos and speculation of price gouging. If we take a step back and look at the economics (or domestic effect) that Amazon has had on the American household, would we still think this? Amazon for example offers:

1) Cheapest household goods

2) Cheapest shipping in the industry

3) Cheapest Music / Movies (do you remember how much VHS rentals at BB were?)

4) Cheapest retail

I am not sure how anyone can conclude that Bezos and Amazon in general- has done anything but save them money..... this notion kind of blows my mind. My opinion, just curious is all.

33 minutes ago, Troublez said:

I am just really confused at all this hate towards Bezos and speculation of price gouging. If we take a step back and look at the economics (or domestic effect) that Amazon has had on the American household, would we still think this? Amazon for example offers:

4) Cheapest retail

I am not sure how anyone can conclude that Bezos and Amazon in general- has done anything but save them money..... this notion kind of blows my mind. My opinion, just curious is all.

Also over the past few years, other companies have had to keep up with their retail delivery time, and in turn, Amazon is stepping theirs up.  I used to have to wait a week plus to get clothes delivered from other places.  Now, they are getting to me in 2-3 days, the same from Prime.  Prime is now doing overnights or one day shipping.  This kind of competition is a good thing. 

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

With Snyder's threat of exposing scandal, if you're going to trot out a guy to be the point man, you use one whose scandals are already known, dead, and buried (so to speak). It's a kinda jiu-jitsu move. Irsay can't be harmed anymore by Snyder and he can say "that wasn't me who moved the team" and "yes I had personal issues with drugs,etc... but I didn't cheat my business partners, nor did I run an organization where sexual assault was rampant, nor did I try to pimp out my cheerleaders,etc..." 

He can simply point to his scandals as personal failings rather than ones that affect a team and the NFL in general. Snyder can't do that.

And I'm willing to bet that the other owners are very glad Irsay is taking the point on this because he is almost bulletproof against Snyder right now. In movie terms he's the not-squeaky-clean anti-hero that takes on the villain.

As for Goodell, he's going to downplay things because he still works for Snyder as well. He can't take sides and he's not going to tip his hand either way regarding the discussions being had. 

I mean, I guess I can see that, but I still think you would want to put a neutral figure out there.  Certainly not Jerry, Lurie or the Maras, and probably not someone as high profile as Kraft, but maybe a Spanos.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Troublez said:

4) Cheapest retail

A new stadium will push price inflation regardless of who the new owner is.  Not only will ticket prices go up but they generally recoop construction costs by charging personal license seat fees for the rights to even own the tickets. 

• Like 1

After chewing on this overnight I think we are looking at two lost seasons because of this.  If they really wait till March to vote on this we will lose this season (we are regardless), but the new owner won't be installed in time to make any impact on next season. 

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2