Dan Snyder Drama thread

18 hours ago, Slateman said:

I am really annoyed at this.  I feel like they are poking the bear.  I am worried Snyder gets pissed, goes into defensive mode and the sale process gets halted while he fights back.  They better not be making thin allegations just for political reasons or attention. 

We should all be aware that pending lawsuits can very much impede the sale of businesses.  No buyer wants to inherit a lawsuit and the sellers won't want to make a sale if their finances are potentially going to be locked up anyways.

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

I am really annoyed at this.  I feel like they are poking the bear.  I am worried Snyder gets pissed, goes into defensive mode and the sale process gets halted while he fights back.  They better not be making thin allegations just for political reasons or attention. 

We should all be aware that pending lawsuits can very much impede the sale of businesses.  No buyer wants to inherit a lawsuit and the sellers won't want to make a sale if their finances are potentially going to be locked up anyways.

He’s not doing this because he wants too. He’s doing this because he doesn’t have a choice. There is no going back. It’s over. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this isn't good...

https://www.wusa9.com/article/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/house-oversight-committee-closing-case-dan-snyder/65-d25ad2a2-63df-472f-95d9-6d8d5d070006 

WASHINGTON — The Congress-led investigation into the Washington Commanders hostile workplace and sexual harassment allegations will be closed under new leadership, according to the incoming ranking member of the committee handling the investigation. 

A statement from Snyder's attorneys Thursday originally said the case would be closed by new ranking member on the House Oversight Committee, Kentucky Congressman James Comer (R). When asked, Comer kept his reply short and sweet. 

"It's over," Comer said. 

Previously, Republicans promised that if they retook control of the House of Representative, the investigation into Snyder and team culture would end. A week after Election Day, Republicans secured the 218th seat needed to flip the House from Democratic control. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

The pressure is coming from the other owners now not from the government.  Although I am concerned that it has gotten quiet since the initial announcement that he is selling. 

• Like 1