Google(Youtube TV) lands Sunday Ticket.

August4th

2 hours ago, JetWash said:

I wish there was a 1 team package for around 100 bucks.

It would be very popular... which is why it probably won't happen. These new rights deals are IMMENSE and they won't pay for themselves.
I'm guessing $169 for the season for the 1 team package. ( $ 10/ game) plus a 1 time convenience fee... and signing away your right to any privacy in your home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

It would be very popular... which is why it probably won't happen. These new rights deals are IMMENSE and they won't pay for themselves.
I'm guessing $169 for the season for the 1 team package. ( $ 10/ game) plus a 1 time convenience fee... and signing away your right to any privacy in your home.

Fundamentally, there's not enough games to make the NFL anywhere near as cost-effective to be a fan as other sports. NBA league pass and MLB.tv are selling packages with hundreds of games. If someone watches all 81 or 162 of their team, it's about $1/game.

Paying $10/game makes football feel like you're having to 'buy the fight' every weekend. 

40 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This may have more to do with how low the bar is set for other leagues, but MLB.tv blackout restrictions suck. If you're a Cubs fan in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and like half the rest of the country, you won't be able to stream Cubs games unless you also have a cable subscription, but you can watch Marlins-Mariners. 

The NFL doing something similar would cause actual riots.

Thats how the NFL already is. I cant watch a local Browns game on Sunday Ticket because its 'blacked out' since its being showed locally.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Paying $10/game makes football feel like you're having to 'buy the fight' every weekend. 

Yup- and there's a disparity in access too.
The popular/good teams get 5+ national broadcasts + regionals etc. So for those teams you'd only have to by about half the games
Meanwhile if you're a Jags/Jets fan, access will be more limited so you'd have to buy more fights over the course of a season.

I have paying $199 for Sunday Ticket ( $12.43/ gm). It delivered all teams, but we only used it for Packer games.

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

and you probably have to have some exclusive Apple only hardware to watch it. You think they are going to let you watch it on a Roku or Firestick? Pssshhhhhh 

Nonsense.  I just finished watching Severance on AppleTV via my PS4 this wkd.  

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Correct, and peoples infatuation with Apple comes from the 'exclusivity' of it. Apple is like the In N Out of consumer products. People just buy them because its the popular thing to do and they dont ask questions or have to think about it. Sheep that follow the herd.

How is it about exclusivity when iPhones are by far the most popular phones?  That’s not how exclusivity works lol. There’s a reason why Macs are the overwhelming choice of artists bcuz they’re intuitive to them.  That’s why Apple’s commercials are very creative and artistic. Meanwhile, bitter rivals like Samsung have been making ads for years that are centered on taking shots at Apple instead of standing on their own merits.  Just bcuz you don’t like their products doesn’t mean you have to get so wound up over it lol. Enjoy your droid and PC… nobody cares. 

And while In & Out’s fries taste like cardboard, their burgers are awesome. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JetWash said:

I wish there was a 1 team package for around 100 bucks.

They used to offer this when gamepass was first introduced.  You could either pay 20 or 30 to watch one team or 40-50 for the entire league pass. Blackouts still applied but that was(is) an easy to fix with a solid VPN or proxy setup.

Then they got greedy and took away the team option and raised the price of the league pass to 70, 80, and then 100. And moving the gamepass to NFL.com last year (combined with all of the other unnecessary changes) was the worst mistake they have made yet......it is terrible now!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

How is it about exclusivity when iPhones are by far the most popular phones?  That’s not how exclusivity works lol. There’s a reason why Macs are the overwhelming choice of artists bcuz they’re intuitive to them.  That’s why Apple’s commercials are very creative and artistic. Meanwhile, bitter rivals like Samsung have been making ads for years that are centered on taking shots at Apple instead of standing on their own merits.  Just bcuz you don’t like their products doesn’t mean you have to get so wound up over it lol. Enjoy your droid and PC… nobody cares. 

the-office-ryan-howard.gif

...Goodbye ol' pal

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, thrILL! said:

They are not 'by far' anything. Android dominates 83% of the global cell phone market and their ads are about being unique where your phone OS is personalized to the user, not a carbon copy one size fits all like Apple is. Not to mention Apple has not came out with their own unique feature exclusive to their phones in about a decade.

Every feature on their phones are ripoffs that Androids have had for 3-5 years already and they try to advertise them as 'new'---like the voice transcribing for notes or the camera feature where you point your camera at a object and it can detect what that thing your looking at is. That is called Google Lens and it has been on every Pixel phone since 2017, but Apple just brought it to their phones in 2021 and built an entire ad campaign around it as if its some awesome new feature.

I dont hate Apple (I love Mac computers, despise iPhones), I just believe the vast majority of their users cant give a legitimate reason or two about the actual phone itself as to why they chose it and the primary reason why they chose a iPhone is usually 'IDK my friend has one so I got one too' or 'Im old and they are easy to use because their OS hasnt changed in 15 years' or 'All my other stuff is Apple so I have to get a iPhone or nothing will work'

Edited by AkronsWitness