2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Just now, incognito_man said:

Who do you see as potential trade-up for though? I struggle to see it with WR, but Wilson or Williams wouldn't SHOCK me.

Only for the RIGHT receiver. It just so happens that a lot of the top young talent (under 22) is densely populated by the top WRs. I could see the target of a trade up being any of the following...

Drake London (20.5)

Jameson Williams (20.8)

Chris Olave (21.5)

Garrett Wilson (21.5)

Non WR I could absolutely see them moving up to get Kyle Hamilton (21.1) or even Daxton Hill (21.5) if they have a notion he won't be there at 22.

• Like 1

The Packers being in love with Drake London would not shock me one bit. But a lot would have to break right to make the price swallowable to go up and get him. But these are a little different times and they're well armed.

The idea of someone that polished, at that size, and that young no doubt has them daydreaming.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

30 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

My draft day pet peeve:

The team drafting first gets 10 minutes on the clock.  They've been on the clock for 4 months, if a trade hasn't happened by now, it isn't going to.  Make the choice.

It takes way longer than ten before they announce it as well.  It's not the team's fault, they're not doing **** but what the NFL and the networks want. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The Packers being in love with Drake London would not shock me one bit. But a lot would have to break right to make the price swallowable to go up and get him. But these are a little different times and they're well armed.

The idea of someone that polished, at that size, and that young no doubt has them daydreaming.

London would have RAS-ed out as a very mediocre athlete. Just don't see it. Haven't heard anything about his GPS data either, like with Burks. Burks has a mediocre RAS, but a top speed of 22.5 on the GPS vs Bama which is elite.

Only way I see them making an aggressive move for a WR is if Rodgers made the call, it will be Olave then. Every QB is going to grade that guy highly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol I had the entire day to myself awaiting my test results for Covid so it's just dragging.

I was completely caught up with work for the first time in like a couple months yesterday so I went home early and did million things around the house so I can do nothing but work and watch the draft the rest of the week.

Now out of 9 total full time people in the only one here lol. I started a trend. But now it will only make this last hour worse I think. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Only for the RIGHT receiver. It just so happens that a lot of the top young talent (under 22) is densely populated by the top WRs. I could see the target of a trade up being any of the following...

Drake London (20.5)

Jameson Williams (20.8)

Chris Olave (21.5)

Garrett Wilson (21.5)

Non WR I could absolutely see them moving up to get Kyle Hamilton (21.1) or even Daxton Hill (21.5) if they have a notion he won't be there at 22.

I'd add Ojabo and the two UGA DTs to this list as well as potentials. I can see traits in those 3 that our staff might like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

London would have RAS-ed out as a very mediocre athlete. Just don't see it. Haven't heard anything about his GPS data either, like with Burks. Burks has a mediocre RAS, but a top speed of 22.5 on the GPS vs Bama which is elite.

Only way I see them making an aggressive move for a WR is if Rodgers made the call, it will be Olave then. Every QB is going to grade that guy highly.

b92c22764ed4054fedf3403988b9ba3c.jpg

Edit: I love this picture way too much

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

No, I am not Zach Kruse and his tweet came about 30 minutes after I said the same thing.

If that is when you said that, you are about a week behind the rest of us.

As long as we are calling our shots here.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I could see Rodgers loving London. He is already elite at the back shoulder stuff, terrific at adjusting to balls thrown where the defender is not. SoCal guy. Gutes commented that AR would be 'heavily involved' with the development of a rookie WR, yet AR isn't going to be at OTA's. He is going to be in SoCal, working with his new rookie WR. OK that might be connecting imaginary dot there.    

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yah and that might not happen.  A lot of pounding the table to grab a WR in Rd.1 on NFL Network. Thinking is the top guys will all be off the board pretty early.  Might take both 1's to have a shot at any of the top 4.  Would rather take a few shots rather than expend that kind of draft capital if it goes down that way.  Class is deep deep deep.  Good ones to be had through RD 3.  If Gutey panics a bit might go WR at #22.  Thing is though if all these guys go early there will be some other very good players who fall.  Man I'd really rather Gute just let the board fall and go BPA.  If things don't go his way then maneuver around in RD. 2 and fix it then.  Hate reaching for need.  

Just now, R T said:

I could see Rodgers loving London. He is already elite at the back shoulder stuff, terrific at adjusting to balls thrown where the defender is not. SoCal guy. Gutes commented that AR would be 'heavily involved' with the development of a rookie WR, yet AR isn't going to be at OTA's. He is going to be in SoCal, working with his new rookie WR. OK that might be connecting imaginary dot there.    

Rodgers likes separation, he doesn't want to throw into contested windows. London is the king of contested catches.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah and that might not happen.  A lot of pounding the table to grab a WR in Rd.1 on NFL Network. Thinking is the top guys will all be off the board pretty early.  Might take both 1's to have a shot at any of the top 4.  Would rather take a few shots rather than expend that kind of draft capital if it goes down that way.  Class is deep deep deep.  Good ones to be had through RD 3.  If Gutey panics a bit might go WR at #22.  Thing is though if all these guys go early there will be some other very good players who fall.  Man I'd really rather Gute just let the board fall and go BPA.  If things don't go his way then maneuver around in RD. 2 and fix it then.  Hate reaching for need.  

Yeah if they don't get one of those top (young) WRs then I think they'll just be content to walk out of this weekend with Alec Pierce and a project deep threat.

I don't see them farting around using a 1st round pick on one of these middling 5th-8th ranked WRs with warts and a high cost.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 1