Are you smarter than Gutekunst?? ........... 2022 shadow draft

squire12

22:  George Karlaftis (over Quay Walker, though I didn't watch Walker  much outside of of the CFP games live.  Like what he brings in versatility)
28:  Devonte Wyatt
34:  Christian Watson (love the player, would have liked a day 3 pick coming back in the deal, but water under the bridge)
92:  Nick Cross (over Sean Rhyan)
132:  Romeo Doubs 

140:  Zach Tom
171:  Trade down --> I am good with the trade down to get another swing at priority UDFA

179:  Jeffrey Gunter EDGE (over Kingsley Enagbare... something about the Kingsley name and lack of upside traits does little for me.  Hope I am wrong)

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pick 22: EDGE George Karlaftis
Pick 28: DT Devonte Wyatt
Pick 53: WR Alec Pierce
Pick 59: DT Travis Jones
Pick 92: OG Sean Rhyan
Pick 132: WR Romeo Doubs
Pick 140: IOL Zach Tom
Pick 171: Trade Down
Pick 179: CB Josh Jobe

I apparently am not smarter that Gute. There's a possibility that I am Gute, however. 

Walker makes it three of my 49er are you smarter than picks who has been taken by the Packers. 

Rest easy in the knowledge that your gm has a competency level similar to forge

• Like 6

On 4/28/2022 at 7:30 PM, wgbeethree said:

Pick 22) J Johnson II

Pick 28) Pickens

Pick 53) Winfree

Pick 59) T. Jones

Pick 92) Tom

Pick 132) Woolen

Pick 140) Shakir

Pick 171) M. Bell

PICK 238) Gunter

PICK 249) Weatherford

PICK 258) Moon

There you go. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Pick 22: EDGE George Karlaftis
Pick 28: DT Devonte Wyatt
Pick 53: WR Alec Pierce
Pick 59: DT Travis Jones
Pick 92: OG Sean Rhyan
Pick 132: WR Romeo Doubs
Pick 140: IOL Zach Tom
Pick 171: Trade Down
Pick 179: CB Josh Jobe
Pick 228: QB Carson Strong
Pick 234: CB Josh Thompson
Pick 249: OT Rasheed Walker 
Pick 258: WR Kevin Austin Jr.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I apparently am not smarter that Gute. There's a possibility that I am Gute, however. 

Walker makes it three of my 49er are you smarter than picks who has been taken by the Packers. 

Rest easy in the knowledge that your gm has a competency level similar to forge

That is all we ask of him.  Nothing more, but nothing less either.

• Like 1

22:  George Karlaftis (over Quay Walker, though I didn't watch Walker  much outside of of the CFP games live.  Like what he brings in versatility)
28:  Devonte Wyatt
34:  Christian Watson (love the player, would have liked a day 3 pick coming back in the deal, but water under the bridge)
92:  Nick Cross (over Sean Rhyan)
132:  Romeo Doubs 

140:  Zach Tom
171:  Trade down --> I am good with the trade down to get another swing at priority UDFA

179:  Jeffrey Gunter EDGE (over Kingsley Enagbare... something about the Kingsley name and lack of upside traits does little for me.  Hope I am wrong)
228:  Tariq Carpenter   Like the option of specials
234: Josh Thompson (over Jonathan Ford)   Wanted a developmental CB)
249: Rasheed Walker  Like the OT prospect
258: Isaac Taylor Stuart (over Samori Toure, wanted a FS option to compete with the back Safeties on the roster)

On 4/30/2022 at 7:04 PM, squire12 said:

258: Isaac Taylor Stuart (over Samori Toure, wanted a FS option to compete with the back Safeties on the roster)

That is a position I was also waiting for.  I wonder if that says anything for Vernon Scott, Ennis Gains and/or Shawn Davis.  They didn't sign any of those types as UDFAs either, as far as I can tell. 

I'll say this time I think Gute did just about everything right this time and ... Well I can't guarantee how good or bad this year's offense will look, but it's got the potential to look better than last year's and be similar to 2020 level if it doesn't suffer too many injuries.

The draft helped keep the defense in the top 10 range, particularly ILB and the big guys up front.

We got Adams replacement in Watson.  Well I mean he won't turn into Davante overnight, but I could definitely see him becoming him in a few years barring any injury setbacks.

Really love the Doubs pick because he's got return experience which means we can use him for both kick and punt returns and allow Amari Rodgers to focus on his regular WR development.

And of course the offensive line finally got the help from guys who got versatility in where they can line up.  So ... any more injuries to Myers, Jenkins or Bakh and Rhyan, Tom and Walker should be able to step in.

Only thing I thought Gute should have done if there was an opportunity to do so was grab a TE.  That position is going to be quite weak if Tonyan misses any more playing time this year, and coming off an ACL injury we don't know if he'll be back to 2020 form.  Not to mention Lewis has said he's done for sure after this year, and Deguara is a big old bust worse than Sternberger.

Granted like every draft, not every need was going to be met, but TE is definitely going to be where we go at some point in next year's draft.