Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Every opponent that played the 49ers lost their next game other than the Chiefs who had a BYE. Weird.

I mean the Eagles also didn't play the following week so not sure you can count them here either.

So I didn't have THAT much of an issue with what Deebo and Aiyuk were saying for most of the week leading up to the game....But Deebo calling Bradberry trash before the game and then doubling down on it was weak as hell. Bradberry seems like a humble guy that doesn't say anything and just plays ball. He's definitely not trash and not sure him having that holding call late in the game justifies Deebo's initial statement....All I know is with the amount of ish these dudes have talked about the Eagles, they better bring it when we play them next season.

That match up could very well end up determining the #1 seed as well. 

• Like 4

- Led by a second round QB in his third season with the team

- Pick up an elite edge rusher to add to an already stacked D-line

- Poach one of the league's best CBs from a division rival

- Start off 8-0 but lose your first game to a division rival on MNF

- Injuries start to mount and the team doesn't look as dominant as they lose two more games, one to a terrible NFC South team at home, clinch HFA in the final week anyways

- Return fully healthy for the playoffs, blow out your two NFC opponents

- Go up 10 against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl but end up being the victims of another Mahomes comeback

Hey, I've seen this before!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the Eagles also didn't play the following week so not sure you can count them here either.

So I didn't have THAT much of an issue with what Deebo and Aiyuk were saying for most of the week leading up to the game....But Deebo calling Bradberry trash before the game and then doubling down on it was weak as hell. Bradberry seems like a humble guy that doesn't say anything and just plays ball. He's definitely not trash and not sure him having that holding call late in the game justifies Deebo's initial statement....All I know is with the amount of ish these dudes have talked about the Eagles, they better bring it when we play them next season.

That match up could very well end up determining the #1 seed as well. 

Yea, I'm not for the all the bitching and moaning after the fact.

I understand their frustration. Especially when you couldn't execute what was planned. 

But the disrespectful tone and rhetoric just sounds like plain hate.

Do your talking with your play on the field. 

Keep that same energy next year becasue I guarantee you those guys in Philly won't forget.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea, I'm not for the all the bitching and moaning after the fact.

I understand their frustration. Especially when you couldn't execute what was planned. 

But the disrespectful tone and rhetoric just sounds like plain hate.

Do your talking with your play on the field. 

Keep that same energy next year becasue I guarantee you those guys in Philly won't forget.

Agree with the said. Also, I feel like some of the talking gives you the catharsis that (arguably) you shouldn't want yet as a player. I think that holding on to the unresolved frustration can be a helpful motivator. Gotta store up that potential emotional energy rather than letting it go as kinetic emotional energy just yet.

• Like 1

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Cardinals hiring Gannon seems like a move that would hurt both them & the Eagles. He seems like a good DC, but HC? 

I know he got embarrassed last night by Andy Reid, but that happens. Demeco Ryans got embarrassed by Reid too

What is it that makes you think he'd only be a good DC and not a good head coach

• Like 1

Now that Mahomes has had 5 full seasons...

This is PFO's highest DYAR and DVOA for QBs over a 5-year stretch recorded (going back to 1981)

DYAR:

2003-2007 Peyton Manning: 9,999
2009-2013 Tom Brady: 8,939
1984-1988 Dan Marino: 8,360
2018-2022 Patrick Mahomes: 8,192
2009-2013 Drew Brees: 8,153
2010-2014 Aaron Rodgers: 7.045
1981-1985 Dan Fouts: 7,017
1991-1995 Steve Young: 6,542
2009-2013 Philip Rivers: 6,235
2014-2018 Ben Roethlisberger: 5,968

DVOA:

2003-07 Peyton Manning: 45.2%
1981-85 Dan Fouts: 36.5%
1983-87 Dan Marino: 34.8%
1991-95 Steve Young: 34.5%
2009-13 Tom Brady: 33.7%
2010-14 Aaron Rodgers: 30.9%
1991-95 Troy Aikman: 29.8%
2018-22 Patrick Mahomes: 29.3%
2016-20 Drew Brees: 29.0%
1983-87 Joe Montana: 27.1%

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

😂

From a teacher's point of view, this isn't amusing in the least. It is a symptom of the issues of a growing number of young people: have to be in the limelight even though I haven't done anything worthy of it. 

His brother is one of the reasons I cannot stand Mahomie. His wife is another. The favoritism he gets from refs is yet another. And yes, he could do something about the 1st 2 if he really wanted to....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Obviously didn't get to see this play out in the NFCCG, but it certainly did on Sunday, and possibly something Shanny can take advantage of assuming Gannon runs a similar scheme in Arizona

There were about 5 or 6 plays the Chiefs ran to great effect that are common Shanny plays and it was killing me to watch it. I truly believe we would've had a great chance at beating the Eagles. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

There were about 5 or 6 plays the Chiefs ran to great effect that are common Shanny plays and it was killing me to watch it. I truly believe we would've had a great chance at beating the Eagles. 

If it's any consolation, I'm 99% sure that even if we had beaten the Eagles, not only would we have just lost to Mahomes again, but one of our star players would have blown out their knee on that field and been out for all of 2023

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Derek Carr has been released, no surprise here.

Always thought Carr was the perfect fit for Shanny. Don't see how that could happen now with both Lance and Purdy here but he's one of the few vet QBs who I would really value in our locker room.

51 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Always thought Carr was the perfect fit for Shanny. Don't see how that could happen now with both Lance and Purdy here but he's one of the few vet QBs who I would really value in our locker room.

I used to think that, until I started to watch his feet when he played.  He has unique footwork, and I am not sure how Shanahan would feel about it.  Derek seems like a really awesome person though, and does have a lot to offer in a leadership role.