Who DON'T you want?

Smidgeon

I know, I know.  Yet another predictions/opinions draft thread.  But with this one, I thought it would be interesting to document who we specifically and personally don't want to see GB draft.  For example, in another thread, @Norm doesn't want Burks.  I don't either.  And I'm sure there are many people with strong negative opinions too.  So here's the chance to get them out of the way. 

Who are the high-profile players you don't want to see drafted in GB.  Think Rashan Gary-type picks.  Sure, they could be good, but I want them on someone else's team because of fit/uncertainty/bust potential.

I'll go first:

• Treylon Burks
  • Boye Mafe
  • Jahan Dotson

So far, that's the list of players I see linked to GB that I would be disappointed that we drafted.

1 minute ago, Smidgeon said:

I know, I know.  Yet another predictions/opinions draft thread.  But with this one, I thought it would be interesting to document who we specifically and personally don't want to see GB draft.  For example, in another thread, @Norm doesn't want Burks.  I don't either.  And I'm sure there are many people with strong negative opinions too.  So here's the chance to get them out of the way. 

Who are the high-profile players you don't want to see drafted in GB.  Think Rashan Gary-type picks.  Sure, they could be good, but I want them on someone else's team because of fit/uncertainty/bust potential.

I'll go first:

• Treylon Burks
  • Boye Mafe
  • Jahan Dotson

So far, that's the list of players I see linked to GB that I would be disappointed that we drafted.

Pretty much my list. I liked Burks until I heard that he isn't super bright and ran a limited route tree quite frequently.

5 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

I'll go first:

• Treylon Burks
  • Boye Mafe
  • Jahan Dotson

Burks and Dotson are definitely on mine. I'll think more, because there's more.

7 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

I'll go first:

• Treylon Burks
  • Boye Mafe
  • Jahan Dotson

I get the premise of the topic, but a lot would depend on where they would be drafted.  

if Burks is on the board at pick 53, I would certainly think the discussion changes at that point.  

Dotson would be the same.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lot of hate for Dotson. He's going to be a really good slot guy for somebody. 

Is it because people hate him as a prospect or because Gb literally has Cobb and Rodgers and as a collective we don’t want a WR room that looks like the freshman squad compared to the rest of the league.

They will go from having the slowest WR room to the shortest.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lot of hate for Dotson. He's going to be a really good slot guy for somebody. 

I don't think he's trash or anything. Unfortunately we already have two bums in the slot though and Lord knows we're not going to mess with that

Edited by Norm

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I get the premise of the topic, but a lot would depend on where they would be drafted.  

if Burks is on the board at pick 53, I would certainly think the discussion changes at that point.  

Dotson would be the same.  

I think that's the logic of it though, guys you don't want at projected slot.

But you'd just had to make it difficult squire

Dotson - Rodgers and Cobb already on roster with similar body types.

Mafe - Older prospect and didn’t wow on film despite measurable.

Watson - Overrated with high drop %. Got to catch the ball.

Raimann - Will be a 25 year old rookie.

19 minutes ago, Gor2113 said:

You don't think Jordan Davis could be the modern version of the Grave Digger for us ? I agree on Christian Watson .

I wouldn't take him at 22. Maybe 28. I think he's overrated and if you want a big who can rush the passer better than Davis, draft Travis Jones.