Who DON'T you want?

Smidgeon

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I would love Olave, Williams or Wilson at 22/28. I would hate them at any pick sooner than 19 (with a trade up).

Don't panic and give up a bunch of capital for overhyped players.

I'd give up our 3rd to go up and get one of those guys, not a 2nd. Just depends whether a team would accept that deal and how high you can get. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

One of the worst receivers when it comes to efficiency vs press this year. Dotson is a slot or a Z. You have to hide him from press.

I'm not worried about him. He was also part of one of the worst offenses in football.

Edited by beekay414

14 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

I did actually come off the couch for the Harrell pick, in the exact opposite way. Thought he was the next Marcus Stroud. Spilled my beer all over your mom, too. 

So you have been wrong before!!!

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I get not wanting him because we all have our preferences but where did this idea that Jahan Dotson is a slot WR come from? 

Statistically, he was the worst player against press coverage among the top 10 WRs or so (according to PFF, I think).

14 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I'd give up our 3rd to go up and get one of those guys, not a 2nd. Just depends whether a team would accept that deal and how high you can get. 

I agree. I'd be most ok with the trade up for Wilson. Just don't see any chance he falls enough to make our 3rd enough to move up

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Olave. Yes, he's fast and runs great routes......but he's a puss. Norm's Mom could tackle him. 

That's fine. We need a possession guy that can get open and move the chains. We can get a potential big play guy later. Olave just gets open. Can't tackle him before he has the ball.

11 hours ago, Les Punting said:

I did actually come off the couch for the Harrell pick, in the exact opposite way. Thought he was the next Marcus Stroud. Spilled my beer all over your mom, too. 

It's a shame he couldn't stay healthy.  That junior year tape was gold.

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The press issue is overstated. Michigan had the bodies to beat him up all game and he was the only viable threat on Penn State. He still caught 9 balls that game, albeit for a low YPC. I don't have him as a 1st round WR, mind you, but he's not restricted to the slot. That's all I'm saying. It's microscope season, we do this every year. 

He may not be restricted to the slot, but that's clearly his best role.  Like you said, he can probably play that Z WR spot but slot is clearly where he's intended to play.

A more in-general preference:  I don't want to see an ILB or "not quite an edge" LB taken before the fourth.  Maybe the fifth.  Read through a few final mock drafts this morning, and the number of ILBs mocked to GB in the 1st/2nd was way too high.