Who DON'T you want?

Smidgeon

Here is who I do not want in the first.

Olave, Williams, London, Karlfakis, Hill, Pickens to add

I've been married a long time, when I tell my wife what I don't want for Christmas or my birthday, I always get it.  (Insert any joke here you wish.)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Here is who I do not want in the first.

Olave, Williams, London, Karlfakis, Hill, Pickens to add

I've been married a long time, when I tell my wife what I don't want for Christmas or my birthday, I always get it.  (Insert any joke here you wish.)

Ah, the reversaroonie............. was wondering at your choices for a minute there.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gravedigger93 said:

I don't think shutting out a full position group would mean that the Packers didn't panic. If you take the 10th WR at 22, yes, that would be panic, but if one of your top 3 is available there, why wouldn't you take him? In other words, if the Packers draft Wilson or London, would you be pissed because of that?

Necessary vs sufficient

I didn't say that taking a WR was panicking. I said not taking one isn't.

14 hours ago, Haha21 said:

Dotson - Rodgers and Cobb already on roster with similar body types.

Mafe - Older prospect and didn’t wow on film despite measurable.

Watson - Overrated with high drop %. Got to catch the ball.

Raimann - Will be a 25 year old rookie.

Pretty similar for me.

I have no reason why but also skeptical of the DT out of uconn. Probably because he plays for Uconn.

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Me after watching GB pass on Olave at #22.

Break Television Controller GIF - Break Television Controller Throw -  Discover & Share GIFs

You can do better than that. Stab a ball, throw a blanket and chair ( just agressively enough to look tough but not took much to make your parents mad you're breaking their stuff), call Gutey a Nazi, then go for a rage drive, and finally spit and pee on the draft report magazine.

Green Bay Packers Ted Thompson Draft Day 2007 Memories - YouTube

• Like 1

Regarding Watson and his drops. I've seen the PFF grade (which I don't always trust) for his career, but then Steelers Depot analyzed every one of his 58 targets (43 receptions) from last year, and had him down for 2 drops. That's a good rate--especially for somebody whose average depth/target is one of the higher ones in the draft class. He doesn't get a lot of screens and crossers to pad his catch rate stats. I think the concentration drops were much improved last year. Does that mean anything?

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/contextualization-of-wr-christian-watsons-2021-pass-targets-at-ndsu/

As far as production, Cheesehead TV had an interesting stat that Watson and Jameson Williams had almost the exact same number of routes run in their college career--which is crazy since Watson was a full time starter for 3 years and Williams was a full time starter for 1 year. Watson was more productive (more career receptions, yards, yards/rec, and a few less TDs). I get that Williams did it against a higher level of competition, but it shows that Watson was productive given the circumstances.

Edited by TheEagle