Welcome to Prospect Fatigue....we've been here a while....

vegas492

I've booked Friday off work allowing me to kill two birds with one stone. Sleep in after the draft (probably finishes around 4-5am for me) and also gives me a four day weekend with bank holiday Monday coming up. Nice!

In the build up to the draft i'm going to order Indian takeaway and then I will spend the rest of the evening doing last minute research on first round prospects.

I will also have snacks and drinks to keep me going through the night. I will have my computer plugged into my TV so can watch the draft on Skysports and browse the internet at the same time.

Perfection.

Strangely enough I have no favourites for this year's draft. I like alot of players. Hunchinson is amazing though - a guy that big shouldn't be able to move like that AND on top of that he has a motor. That's a unicorn. He GOT to go No.1.

• Like 1

Been watching the draft religiously for 40+ years. Started a small 'watch' group about 25 years ago, but they've all passed on. Just me and the dog now cuz people are dumb. Used to have a little smoke and a steak; this year it'll be gummies and Jagermeister. 

I'm liking Cine and Logan Hall in the first. Peirce and Jackson (edge) in second. Goedeke in 3rd.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Draft in the UK starts at 1am and if the Packers stay to their picks, it will be around 3.30am before they are on the clock. Previously I would watch the draft get a couple hours of kip and then wake the kids and get them to school. I'm feeling old and haggered these days, so after weeks of begging the wife, she agreed, I could stay in a local hotel for two nights, so after the 1st round is finished I can get about four hours sleep without having to worry about dealing with the kids and then if need be I can have a nap in the afternoon. At first the wife didn't trust me to be alone in a hotel but eventually she caved in. I can't wait, me, a bed, a couple of laptops and a pack of wet wipes...

Are the wet wipes for poops?

21 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Been watching the draft religiously for 40+ years. Started a small 'watch' group about 25 years ago, but they've all passed on. Just me and the dog now cuz people are dumb. Used to have a little smoke and a steak; this year it'll be gummies and Jagermeister. 

I'm liking Cine and Logan Hall in the first. Peirce and Jackson (edge) in second. Goedeke in 3rd.

used to skip school on draft day when I was in middle school.  that was when things were in the daytime.  now it is make sure work schedule is cleared so I can get home and get things done before draft starts

• Like 1

When the draft was on Sat my buddies and I would hang out and watch (usually food and beer were heavily featured), now that it's on a weeknight I usually kick it with a few tabs open to various places and watch fans melt down over their teams picks....or alternately do a 180 - a Bears fan was all about how Justin Fields was a "slow processor" and would probably bust right up to the point Chicago got him then it became a "great pick! He's probably the most physically talented QB in the draft!" 

• Like 1

I live in Toronto and am a huge Raptors fan, so it's torture that Game 6 vs. Philly will likely be in the 2nd quarter when the draft starts. Fortunately for me the draft is slow as balls and we'll probably just be rounding out the top 10 when the game ends. Would die a happy man if they push it to Game 7 after going down 3-0.

I've got wings marinating in the fridge, and the kids (6 months, 2.5 years old) should be asleep around the time the basketball game starts. I'm planning to have the Raptors streaming on my laptop, draft playing on the TV, toggling sound between the two. Really depends how the basketball game is going.

Absolutely no hopes or expectations from me in terms of the draft. I'm fully prepared to be shocked, disappointed, and ultimately excited about whoever we draft. But it would be nice if at least one of the Day 1-2 guys was a receiver.

When they changed to hold the first round on Thursday I usually took Friday off because it ended at 6am, now that I'm in the US I just enjoy it on prime time. At home, 2 days (Friday as well) away from a bar, just me watching the Draft in my mini cinema from my recliner.  For food I just ordered the Wednesday Wings Special at my local bar to be heated up on Thursday. Other than that maybe a couple of glasses of Rose. I expect that the Packers will not pick at either 22 or 28, trade up first, trade down second is my guess. I will figure out if I like what Gute does. Maybe not at first sight, but also he is the way more knowledgeable dude. In Gute I trust.

17 hours ago, Chili said:

I've booked Friday off work allowing me to kill two birds with one stone. Sleep in after the draft (probably finishes around 4-5am for me) and also gives me a four day weekend with bank holiday Monday coming up. Nice!

The draft always has ended our companies fiscal calendar, and I usually have a few leftover vacation days so I've taken off the last few years for the draft.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The draft always has ended our companies fiscal calendar, and I usually have a few leftover vacation days so I've taken off the last few years for the draft.

I hate all y'all. I have to work Saturday too